Cordy Glenn possibly to be released [Update: Released]

DJB

My favorite Cordy Glenn moment from last season? Being in awe of Dawson "The Bulldozer" Knox. Poor Jessie Bates III and yes, Cordy's in shorts and not suited up.

If he's ok with being a depth/swing tackle, it might be worth taking a look.

wow_rtf.thumb.jpg.74995f4d69ab52a8df45701c73c72308.jpg

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think a cheap 1 year prove it offer is all he will get.  Might as well be here.  This also likely does not stop us from getting Conklin, but it provides a nice coushin.  We do not need to overpay for Conklin.  The scenario can be Ford at Guard/backup RT, Glenn starting at RT, and draft a RT.  Kind of a big win, IMO.  

If we get Conklin and Glenn, Conklin starts, Glenn backup. Ford Guard, Spain gone, draft a tackle. 

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

My favorite Cordy Glenn moment from last season? Being in awe of Dawson "The Bulldozer" Knox. Poor Jessie Bates III and yes, Cordy's in shorts and not suited up.

If he's ok with being a depth/swing tackle, it might be worth taking a look.

wow_rtf.thumb.jpg.74995f4d69ab52a8df45701c73c72308.jpg

that face makes me think he'd like to be on the Bills with guys like Knox, etc.  

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But there are other factors with this.  Watkins gets picked up by some of the best offensive teams because he is a threat.  Dareus got traded for by a team that almost made the SB.  They are now older and not worth what they were.  But this happens all the team.

for instance, some of the young players on our roster will be given a second deal that would make them way more expensive than they are now.  For instance, take Dawkins.  He will get a really big payday that years from now he will be either asked to re structure or he will be moved. It’s the way of the nfl when guys make good Money.

I agree that they were worth more when we traded them than they are now, but we were not ready to compete back then so it was sound strategy to trade them away and get resources that would help us once we turned the corner.  The Patriots sell high approach to staying competitive over the long haul

I'm in the no camp.  

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/10/19/20921468/cordy-glenn-suspension-bengals-nfl-news

The Bengals brought down a suspension after reports came in that Glenn got in a fight with a member of the coaching staff and demanded to be released.

According to Jay Morrison of the Athletic, Glenn has been exhibiting behavior that could only result in discipline. According to Morrison, Glenn “did not travel to the Pittsburgh game against team wishes, missed meetings and — after Thursday — missed practices despite being fully cleared.”

I seem to remember something about his rehab here as well.  I may be remembering wrong but Dawkins talked about the Cordy trade and some veiled comments about guys not taking rehab seriously.  Add in the fact that he is older, the team already decided to move on from him once, and he has had some continuing injury issues.  

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I agree that they were worth more when we traded them than they are now, but we were not ready to compete back then so it was sound strategy to trade them away and get resources that would help us once we turned the corner.  The Patriots sell high approach to staying competitive over the long haul

That’s fair.  I would argue that with Sammy and Dareus, I think we beat the Jags in the wildcard game. 

Low cost no guarantee contract, with hefty performance incentives, sure! But his injury history makes him a bad bet otherwise. Think he was a very good and very skilled player, but his body just couldn't take the beating of  a long NFL career.

Edited by simpleman

3 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Glenn, Watkins, Dareus, Tyrod - all big name guys here in Buffalo back when they were traded .. and each on there second team or soon to be with reduced pay along the way. Of them, I wouldn't mind getting Tyrod (as a backup) back at some point and Glenn was always a stand-up guy .. due to injuries he would need to be cheap. Overall it looks like the Bills FO made the right call on these players.

It's logically undeniable.

Cordy is a decent player when he's healthy.  Not great but decent.  And there are lots of games where he isn't healthy. 

Meaning, he's not someone you can count on.  The only way this would make sense is if he was available on the cheap.  Like, CHEAP.