Cordy Glenn possibly to be released [Update: Released]

DJB

39 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Likewise.

He was a solid LT for the majority of his career here and you wouldn't have to force Ford to play RT. 

Until he gets paid, then mails it in.  Pass on Glenn.

Glenn, Watkins, Dareus, Tyrod - all big name guys here in Buffalo back when they were traded .. and each on there second team or soon to be with reduced pay along the way. Of them, I wouldn't mind getting Tyrod (as a backup) back at some point and Glenn was always a stand-up guy .. due to injuries he would need to be cheap. Overall it looks like the Bills FO made the right call on these players.

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Games started last 4 years...

2016: 11

2017: 5

2018: 13

2019: 5

Has missed 30 games over this stretch!

I think you gotta pass on Cordy, he is a bit beat up at this point, missing nearly two full seasons in the last four years says it all. 

37 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I could've swore he did after his trade or the Vonte situation, I may be mistaken though.

I think I read something or another about his not being happy with the Bills when he left, it was money driven iirc. Normal stuff going through the rumor mill. 

43 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Don't underestimate Buffalo’s ability to sell players on their wellness facilities, which are possibly the league's finest.

Just look at a guy like Mitch Morse, who missed 14 games over 2 seasons in KC. Comes here, deals with the same type of bumps and bruises and concussions, but doesn’t miss a single start.

Morse finished his last season in KC with 5 starts. 

Glenn didn't miss 30 games due to lack of a very nice wellness facility....

30 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Until he gets paid, then mails it in.

Bupkis.   The Bills mishandled his ankle injury and his play suffered as a result.     Getting a concussion in Cincy didn't help either.

If his physical checks out, Glenn would be a fine low-cost pickup, along the lines of Spain last year...

17 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Glenn, Watkins, Dareus, Tyrod - all big name guys here in Buffalo back when they were traded .. and each on there second team or soon to be with reduced pay along the way. Of them, I wouldn't mind getting Tyrod (as a backup) back at some point and Glenn was always a stand-up guy .. due to injuries he would need to be cheap. Overall it looks like the Bills FO made the right call on these players.

Watkins was the leading receiver in the playoffs for a team that just won the SB. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Morse finished his last season in KC with 5 starts. 

Glenn didn't miss 30 games due to lack of a very nice wellness facility....

Um, ok.

19 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

When he got paid here and then in Cincy.

Based on what?

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Watkins was the leading receiver in the playoffs for a team that just won the SB. 

Yes .. in the playoffs, but as stated he is on his second team. In the regular season he only had 673 yards which is 100 yards less than Cole Beasley as an example and the Chiefs have made it clear that while they would like to keep him it will not be at his current salary.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Yes .. in the playoffs, but as stated he is on his second team. In the regular season he only had 673 yards which is 100 yards less than Cole Beasley as an example and the Chiefs have made it clear that while they would like to keep him it will not be at his current salary.

Well yes, he’s got the highest cap number for any WR in the NFL. It makes sense to reduce it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CorkScrewHill said:

But there are other factors with this.  Watkins gets picked up by some of the best offensive teams because he is a threat.  Dareus got traded for by a team that almost made the SB.  They are now older and not worth what they were.  But this happens all the team.

for instance, some of the young players on our roster will be given a second deal that would make them way more expensive than they are now.  For instance, take Dawkins.  He will get a really big payday that years from now he will be either asked to re structure or he will be moved. It’s the way of the nfl when guys make good Money.

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We traded him to the Rams who then decided not to re-sign him. Watkins career since leaving Buffalo: 39 games played, 131 receptions, 1785 yards & 14 touchdowns.

Watkins is a fringe#2/#3WR and nothing more.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, streetkings01 said:

We traded him to the Rams who then decided not to re-sign him. Watkins career since leaving Buffalo: 39 games played, 131 receptions, 1785 yards & 14 touchdowns.

Watkins is a fringe#2/#3WR and nothing more.

Been on top 3 offenses every year since he left, made the playoffs every year, and was their best playoff receiver during a SB run.  I wonder if Reid regrets it.

as for Glenn, there are too many injuries.  Very good player for us but he would have to be super cheap.