Cordy Glenn possibly to be released [Update: Released]

DJB

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/1620/cordy-glenn

Geoff Hobson of the Bengals' official website believes the team will release LT Cordy Glenn.

Glenn is headed into the final year of his contract, and the Bengals can clear all $9.5 million in cap space by cutting him with no dead-money absorption. Glenn battled concussions last and played in just six games. He'll be entering his age-31 season. Glenn can still play at this level, but the Bengals are ready to move forward with 2019 first-rounder Jonah Williams at left tackle after he missed his entire rookie year.

Bring him back home to play RT? 

Edited by DJB

He's definitely getting released, makes way too much sense for the Bengals not to. I think he's a guy who'll get picked up in the 3rd tier of FA & get a 1-year deal. Doubtful it'll be us, but I'd be ok with it on a 1-year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'd rather look for a younger player or a guy with less injury history. 

Glenn hasn't played a full season since 2015.  5 games in 2017, 13 in 2018, 5 games in 2019

I think this comes down to "the best ability is AVAILability"

He's well rested.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Games started last 4 years...

2016: 11

2017: 5

2018: 13

2019: 5

Has missed 30 games over this stretch!

Don't underestimate Buffalo’s ability to sell players on their wellness facilities, which are possibly the league's finest.

Just look at a guy like Mitch Morse, who missed 14 games over 2 seasons in KC. Comes here, deals with the same type of bumps and bruises and concussions, but doesn’t miss a single start.

• Like (+1) 4