Jason Witten---Woudja?

3rdnlng

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is a team that signed a washed out (53rd pick in the draft)LT as a TE last year.  He was gone before OTAs.

People here were actually very receptive to THAT goofy move, so....

Was that washed out player dumb as a stump like Jason Witten? 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Was that washed out player dumb as a stump like Jason Witten? 

Witten is a future HOF TE.  He doesn't seem dumb to me.

Fisher was a dud LT and former High School TE.  The decision to bring him in as a way to address the TE need was pretty dumb.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Witten is a future HOF TE.  He doesn't seem dumb to me.

Fisher was a dud LT and former High School TE.  The decision to bring him in as a way to address the TE need was pretty dumb.

Good for Jason Witten. He won’t be the first player who is as dumb as a stump to be inducted. He might be the dumbest of those dumb stumps though. 

12 hours ago, DJB said:

Do people seriously not watch other NFL games and only the Bills?

Witten is terrible.

His poor broadcasting alone makes me want him nowhere near the Bills. 

He had more catches, as many TDs and almost as many receiving yards as all 4 Bills TEs combined last season.  At 37 years old. After not playing for a year.

13 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cowboys-expected-to-move-on-from-jason-witten-this-offseason/ar-BB10qGsm?li=BBnb7Kz

But where does that leave tight end Jason Witten? From the sound of it, the Cowboys have already made their decision on Witten, and some fans might be disappointed.

The expectation is that Witten will not return to the Cowboys in 2020, according to Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News. Witten, 37, has expressed his desire to continue playing, but knows he’ll have to consider going to another team.

Can Jason Witten help another team?

After a one-year retirement, Witten returned in 2019 and turned in a solid season. He hauled in 63 catches for 529 yards and four touchdowns. He’s no longer at his peak, but those numbers are similar to the ones Witten put up in 2017. He saw some decline after his year away from football, but it wasn’t a steep drop-off.

As a coach sure 

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

And Kelly Pegula would rather have Croom over Witten. 

Obviously she would but it would be at the cost of the talent pool of the TE position. I hate when we keep players on the roster that wouldn’t even be signed onto other teams if released. Just make up a job title for him in the office and get him off the roster. Pay him 500,000 to be the HR for the TE’s, just please get him off this roster.

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Obviously she would but it would be at the cost of the talent pool of the TE position. I hate when we keep players on the roster that wouldn’t even be signed onto other teams if released. Just make up a job title for him in the office and get him off the roster. Pay him 500,000 to be the HR for the TE’s, just please get him off this roster.

All kidding aside, his relationship with KP is a total non factor. He’s probably on the bubble currently given the TEs on the roster, but he possesses enough athleticism to get another look at OTAs and camp and I’d understand if they gave him that chance. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he was released outright, either.