Jason Witten---Woudja?

3rdnlng

9 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cowboys-expected-to-move-on-from-jason-witten-this-offseason/ar-BB10qGsm?li=BBnb7Kz

But where does that leave tight end Jason Witten? From the sound of it, the Cowboys have already made their decision on Witten, and some fans might be disappointed.

The expectation is that Witten will not return to the Cowboys in 2020, according to Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News. Witten, 37, has expressed his desire to continue playing, but knows he’ll have to consider going to another team.

Can Jason Witten help another team?

After a one-year retirement, Witten returned in 2019 and turned in a solid season. He hauled in 63 catches for 529 yards and four touchdowns. He’s no longer at his peak, but those numbers are similar to the ones Witten put up in 2017. He saw some decline after his year away from football, but it wasn’t a steep drop-off.

3rd, agreed on a pass on this one, but cmon man, you know better than to use such huge font.  I’m assuming this was a copy and paste, but it was either you or one of the other old timers scolded me as a newbee years ago not to use large fonts.  Anyway, appreciate the post.

What made his foray into broadcasting so bad is that he started at the biggest stage MNF.  If you are not a supremely gifted natural broadcasting talent like Gruden or Romo wouldn’t you try to hone your craft for a few years in a local market or the CBS fifth crew.  I blame ABC for being so dumb to not see he doesn’t have the goods.  But I also blame Witten.