Chris Brown article on How draft prospect WR see the Bills

It’s good to see that these young guys can see the potential on this team, specially Higgins i like what he said ;)

I don’t know about you guys, but i have mix feelings about the draft one part of me wants us to trade up and get a top receiver like Jeudy or Ceedee Lamb the other part tell me that the others guys could succeed very well also in the league and you don’t have to give up anything...!

Edited by Smitty75
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Any prospect that says Josh Allen "is a dog"....you want THAT guy on your team

NFL total access had Shenault ranked number 5 receiver in the class and said he makes big boy catches which i think Josh needs to get his completions up. Also read that his player comp was Saquan Barkley, sign me up for that in the open field !!

1 hour ago, Smitty75 said:

It’s good to see that these young guys can see the potential on this team, specially Higgins i like what he said ;)

I don’t know about you guys, but i have mix feelings about the draft one part of me wants us to trade up and get a top receiver like Jeudy or Ceedee Lamb the other part tell me that the others guys could succeed very well also in the league and you don’t have to give up anything...!

never trade up unless its a QB or the player is a super freak.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

NFL total access had Shenault ranked number 5 receiver in the class and said he makes big boy catches which i think Josh needs to get his completions up. Also read that his player comp was Saquan Barkley, sign me up for that in the open field !!

Oh, I see we like Pro Football Focus today. Here's a chart comparing the WRs based on PFF's numbers as well as the important Combine numbers we have so far.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14UTjsBXviD6E8eRRoyqFq2VsAJYz7AuHLt7z5DpzHhM/edit?usp=sharing

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I agree with your opinion, but if there was a guy like Julio Jones you would be okay to trade up i guess, none of the receivers of this draft could end up being at his level ? (I don’t follow College Football)

• Like (+1) 1

This stuff points out how important it was to end that damn playoff drought and now be a team that has made it in 2-of-3 seasons.  Players care about that.  These draftees saw the Bills in primetime four times last year -- that's important.

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

They will all be left in "the cold" when McBeane goes DB or OT in the 1st...

but then feel warm like spring or summer when we trade up in Rd. 2 for one of them :)

1 hour ago, eball said:

This stuff points out how important it was to end that damn playoff drought and now be a team that has made it in 2-of-3 seasons.  Players care about that.  These draftees saw the Bills in primetime four times last year -- that's important.

and WINNING in primetime.  (well, sometimes.  other games were close).  

9 hours ago, Smitty75 said:

You edited this post and still have a 57 word sentence? Punctuation is your friend, my friend.

FB2C16F0-77C0-4BDE-ABC4-45CB831AB6D4.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Some good stuff in here.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/why-wide-receiver-draft-prospects-like-what-they-see-from-the-buffalo-bills

-Ruggs of course mentioning his Daboll connection through 'Bama

-Jefferson has some Tre' White luuuuv

-Higgins thinks he'd be fine with B'lo because Tennessee gets cold too ?

"Clemson receiver Tee Higgins, who is one of the tallest receivers in the class, is a favorite to head to Buffalo on several mock drafts. Higgins likes what he sees in the toughness of the Bills, plus the cold doesn't scare him. "It's a playoff team," Higgins said. "It's real cold up there, but I'm from Tennessee and it gets cold up in Tennessee. It's just a team that's hungry and you can tell they're pushing for a Super Bowl really soon."
(I like the way this guy thinks, though Clemson players kinda make me nervous after Spiller and Sammy Watson)

-Viska Shenault plans to be a Star:

"I see myself being a star, honestly," Shenault explained. "I think I would be able to open up more space and just be able to do things that the other receivers don't do just as far as my size and other things."

Sheanult isn't a stranger to Josh Allen, explaining he watched Allen in the playoff game against the Houston Texans.

"I think he's great," Shenault said. "I was watching his playoff game. I think he's a dog. I think he makes things happen so it would be great to play with a quarterback like that."

Awesome post this is fun to hear seems like Siberia isn't too bad of a place anymore, Allen passes the eyeball test when considering the lack of talent around him the last 2 seasons and I'm glad top wrs in college see what his potential is. Bottom line he took smoke and gave him a career year and did the same for Beasley and last season made a total bum wr zay j look above average, howd that work out with Derek Carr in the black n silver????

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

You edited this post and still have a 57 word sentence? Punctuation is your friend, my friend.

FB2C16F0-77C0-4BDE-ABC4-45CB831AB6D4.jpeg

English is not my first language my friend, so try to be comprehensive ;) i’m a french speaker and usually I don’t forget punctuation in my sentences.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

If you repeat that long enough, you will start believing it.  Keep it up!

Sarcasm my friend, aimed at those that think winter is a big deal... when you grow up with winter it is comical to listen to pundits and others who appear to be afraid of it. 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Sarcasm my friend, aimed at those that think winter is a big deal... when you grow up with winter it is comical to listen to pundits and others who appear to be afraid of it. 

Go Bills!!!

I don't think people are "afraid" of those winters.  I think many people simply don't like those gray, cold miserable days.

Heck, if I call up any of my friends or family in upstate around this time of year, they are ALL miserable and bitching about the weather.  It happens every year, so I stay incommunicado  until later in spring.

I lived 21 years in upstate NY and set sail long ago, not because I was afraid of winter, but because there were other climates that suited me far better.

20 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Because we have weather.. and many people are evidently scared of being out in it, pretty comical really.

Well, technically everybody has weather, and in August, September and even October the WNY weather is FAR better than anywhere in Florida or elsewhere in the south. I had $500 into two seats in Jacksonville with the Bills in town and found we were the only ones in our row due to the heat. Eventually gave up and went into the club concession area to watch a little TV with some shade and AC. I’ve turned down FREE tickets in Tampa. It is BRUTAL, and I’m a guy who would play tennis midday in August in Florida. Sitting there roasting is NOT a joy in life. 

Yeah, we get cold later in the season, but on balance I’d rather play in WNY than Florida if weather is the factor. (Taxes are a different matter! ?)  Plus, how different are we from Pittsburgh, Cleveland, New England, etc? 

I’ll be happy when that bad rap from late show jokes just fades away. The people who bash Buffalo rarely know much about Buffalo, and I’ll bet most have never even visited. 

3 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I don't think people are "afraid" of those winters.  I think many people simply don't like those gray, cold miserable days.

Heck, if I call up any of my friends or family in upstate around this time of year, they are ALL miserable and bitching about the weather.  It happens every year, so I stay incommunicado  until later in spring.

I lived 21 years in upstate NY and set sail long ago, not because I was afraid of winter, but because there were other climates that suited me far better.

I understand all of that, it’s was sarcasm, it was never aimed at western New Yorkers, just the talking heads that over blow the whole topic of there being cold air where it snows, get it?

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Well, technically everybody has weather, and in August, September and even October the WNY weather is FAR better than anywhere in Florida or elsewhere in the south. I had $500 into two seats in Jacksonville with the Bills in town and found we were the only ones in our row due to the heat. Eventually gave up and went into the club concession area to watch a little TV with some shade and AC. I’ve turned down FREE tickets in Tampa. It is BRUTAL, and I’m a guy who would play tennis midday in August in Florida. Sitting there roasting is NOT a joy in life. 

Yeah, we get cold later in the season, but on balance I’d rather play in WNY than Florida if weather is the factor. (Taxes are a different matter! ?)  Plus, how different are we from Pittsburgh, Cleveland, New England, etc? 

I’ll be happy when that bad rap from late show jokes just fades away. The people who bash Buffalo rarely know much about Buffalo, and I’ll bet most have never even visited. 

Yup, I was making fun of the talking heads, not western New Yorkers...

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1