I’m glad we made the playoffs before the new CBA

Virgil

I may be alone here, but I’m actually thankful the Bills made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years before the new 17 game CBA kicks in.  I feel like, if we had ended the drought before the extra game and extra playoff teams added in, it would have cheapened ending the drought.  I think we would have heard it from other fans that it wouldn’t haven’t counted the same.  

It’s dumb. It’s posturing.  Either way, I’m glad we got in the right way and did it twice, so it wasn’t a fluke. 

• Like (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm still waiting for the Bills to break the "last playoff win was 1995 drought". We need to get that monkey off our backs and eliminate this as something the national "experts" can continually throw back in our faces. If that is cheapened by the new CBA, so be it.

30 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I may be alone here, but I’m actually thankful the Bills made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years before the new 17 game CBA kicks in.  I feel like, if we had ended the drought before the extra game and extra playoff teams added in, it would have cheapened ending the drought.  I think we would have heard it from other fans that it wouldn’t haven’t counted the same.  

It’s dumb. It’s posturing.  Either way, I’m glad we got in the right way and did it twice, so it wasn’t a fluke. 

Nothing will ever diminish this moment

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Absolutely. I do not want expanded playoffs because I don't want getting to the playoffs to be cheapened. Now, if we add some expansion teams, that's a different story. I don't want it to turn into other sports where half the teams get in. I LIKE having it how it is where some good teams don't make the playoffs.

Plus I'd love to see some playoff droughts expand for some other teams...

33 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Wasn't 2017 a backdoor cheap way to get in anyway? 

You can't win it all if you don't get in, so I'm all for more in to see how it goes.

I don't see 2017 as a cheap way to get in.  Just like other years, teams get in on tiebreakers.  We got in on a tiebreaker, albeit ours was in a more dramatic fashion.  

15 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I don't see 2017 as a cheap way to get in.  Just like other years, teams get in on tiebreakers.  We got in on a tiebreaker, albeit ours was in a more dramatic fashion.  

I hate that people say it was cheap. If the Bengals game came before the Bills game people would talk about how we went out and won a "must-win" game against the Dolphins.

Fact is we wont the games we did and we made the playoffs, thats it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

You can't win it all if you don't get in, so I'm all for more in to see how it goes.

forgot about that cheapie bogus playoff entry already

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Agree'd that's why i hope we beat Brady before he leaves because the Pats fan's will have the same come back as it would have been if the Bills didn't make the play offs before the new agreement !! His time is this year he's going down i can feel it !! 

• Like (+1) 1

I hear ya, but being a Bills fan I’m happy as hell any time we make the playoffs ?

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Nothing “cheap” about it. The Bills did what they had to do, the Ravens didn’t. We have nothing to apologize for. End of story. 

• Like (+1) 2

Why is this even a discussion?  We made it in and that’s that.  2 of 3 years, with hopefully many more to come and very hopeful this will be true.  How about we forget about the wretched past, and focus on what we’re going to do.  I do agree with the poster that I want to see Brady come back to the Pats and kick his ass twice.  Sorry mods, but I hope I get a pass as it’s Brady.   Nothing would be better than 8 on avg. hits, four sacks a couple of pick six’s and just humiliate him and the Evil Emperor.  I’d love to see him throw another tablet into the garbage can like a couple of years ago.  That was worth the price of admission.