LSU RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire formally meets with Bills

MAJBobby

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Thin RB class 

You must be watching another RB class. 

It doesn't have the top of round 1 talent of some years. But this class is loaded rounds 2 to 4.

1 hour ago, finn said:

Why pick a Singletary clone with a high pick? At least choose someone with complementary skills. A banger, for instance. 

Zack Moss. Round 3.

7 minutes ago, section122 said:

He's anywhere from end of first round to 2nd round.  I expected him to be a solid first rounder specifically for a team like KC as his floor.  I was surprised to see him lasting in mocks well into the 2nd round.  I guess that is highly rated but he is someone I would love the Bills to grab if he were sitting there in the 2nd.

I feel like he’s a 2nd rounder. Someone could take him in the 1st though but positional value feels better in the 2nd. He’s not a top end speed guy like Zeke/Saquon, but he’s fast enough. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, DJB said:

80% of CEH runs went up the middle at LSU, he can bang between the tackles.

Hes also an adept receiver out of the backfield. 

To be honest, he would sit atop the depth chart in Buffalo and make Singletary the backup. 

Hes that good of an RB. Think Maurice Jones Drew. 

I would be all for that...Singletary is nice but we should be looking to upgrade...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, section122 said:

Is that why Dobbins isn't ranked very high?  Every OSU game I watched he flashed as a man among boys.

Hes my #1 RB in this class. I love Dobbins. Best all around RB to me

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Thin RB class 

Ugh what? 

It's a very deep RB class. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Jonathan Taylor is my guy.  Yes he had solid blocking but his vision is next-level.  I think he'll be dominant.

The thing I always like about the Wisconsin RBs as they project to the next level is that they typically are the #1 focus every week for the opponent and still produce. Their offense is built around the run game and defenses game plan against him specifically. I think Taylor will be a really good workhorse RB in the nfl. Singletary actually played a similar role at FAU. 

27 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I would be all for that...Singletary is nice but we should be looking to upgrade...

I don’t think we need to upgrade Singletary’s role, tbh. I think we need to add to the position group and upgrade Gore’s role. I love Singletary. Get him a guy who complements his skill set. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The thing I always like about the Wisconsin RBs as they project to the next level is that they typically are the #1 focus every week for the opponent and still produce. Their offense is built around the run game and defenses game plan against him specifically. I think Taylor will be a really good workhorse RB in the nfl. Singletary actually played a similar role at FAU. 

I don’t think we need to upgrade Singletary’s role, tbh. I think we need to add to the position group and upgrade Gore’s role. I love Singletary. Get him a guy who complements his skill set. 

I hear ya...I just wouldn’t mind a more complete back...

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I hear ya...I just wouldn’t mind a more complete back...

With Daboll coming from NE where they use different RBs to attack defenses weekly in different ways, I feel like he will always gravitate toward a RBBC approach. I could be wrong but we will get more of an idea based on how they replace Gore. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Which part is confusing? 

I think Motor helped demonstrate that a below average height does not pigeon hole a back into the "scat back" role. 

Maurice Jones Drew was considered a 5’7” bowling ball. Short RBs aren’t new nor pigeonholed as scat backs. 

Gore is only 5’9”.  Try and convince me he Was ever a “scat back” ? 

2 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

You must be watching another RB class. 

It doesn't have the top of round 1 talent of some years. But this class is loaded rounds 2 to 4.

Zack Moss. Round 3.

thin class. Sorry that is the reality and I am not the only one that says it. 

If CEH is there in the 3rd and the Bills get him, I’m personally offering to pay for his flight to Buffalo.

A little fact y’all might not know, In 2018, CEH and a friend of his from high school went to sell a PlayStation to a guy who ended up pulling a gun on CEH and his friend and tried to rob them. Either CEH or the friend pulled a gun himself and shot the robber and killed him in self defense.

They never openly said who the shooter was but a lot of speculation that it was CEH because he has a concealed carry license and his Dad, a police officer had trained him in those situations.

38 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

thin class. Sorry that is the reality and I am not the only one that says it. 

That's your opinion and cannot be stated as fact. 

It's my opinion that its deep with lots of talent.  

We simply differ on opinion. :)

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

I had read that it’s a thin RB class, then I started watching some tape and I’m really impressed several of them.

While I’ve only started looking at about half of the prospects I’d rank Swift and Akers as 1 and 2 so far.  

It may not be loaded with high end talent but there are definitely a good amount of backs that have some nice traits all over the board

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It may not be loaded with high end talent but there are definitely a good amount of backs that have some nice traits all over the board

That’s the thing with RB’s, you don’t have to be a Heisman candidate from a huge school to step in and make waves in the NFL. Some guy most people (that would definitely include ME) have never heard of will come in and make a huge splash early. 

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s the thing with RB’s, you don’t have to be a Heisman candidate from a huge school to step in and make waves in the NFL. Some guy most people (that would definitely include ME) have never heard of will come in and make a huge splash early. 

Totally running back is the most unique position...

It takes a variety of factors to have excellent success including having a great run blocking line

Running back is a position that you look for traits not necessarily statistics.. 

Quickness, vision ,ability to make a defender Miss in a phone booth.. running through contact, balance, change of direction

All mean more than statistics

• Awesome! (+1) 1