Just an FYI, McDermott going to be on Good Morning Football this morning

Watkins90

Notes from his interview. These aren't direct quotes, but paraphrases. 

Now that you are a couple months removed form playoff game, how does it feel and where are you headed: It feels great, It feels great to be back on the mat in Buffalo. We have a great staff and a great group of core young players that we count on. It is an exciting time in Buffalo. 

On pending free agents: It comes down to simply we have a tremendous locker and culture. You come to Buffalo you will become the best version of yourself on and off the field. We have done that and it is a credit to everyone in the building. 

We saw a lot from Josh Allen, where can his career go in year 3: We are excited about where Josh is and the progress he made from year one to year two and the jump he is going to make this season. The one thing I know about Josh is that he is dedicated to the process in terms of hi improving and because of that he has really earned the respect of his teammates. 

Can this team get better next season, what will it take this offseason: It takes a humble approach. Our goal is to make sure we approach it the right away mentally. We have to flush last season. it will be a new team in 2020, so it comes back to hungry and humble approach that we take. 

Whats your response to controversial play in playoffs: League ruled the way they ruled. No other reason as to why we lost that game, expect for ourselves. It comes down to us doing things right. We did things right, we picked up the ball, but it didn't get ruled that way so we have to learn from it as a team and as a league. 

Tom Brady, Pats, do you feel this is the Bills time: I don't know exactly what si going to happen. I know where we have come from and the work that has been put in. I know we have a passionate fanbase unlike most in the NFL. When you have that it is a great foundation moving forward. 

Where did you watch the Super Bowl: I wanted to watch it at home because of Andy. I cried a little bit when he won the AFC Championship game. I was happy for him. If you would have told me it would be 20 years between SB appearances for Andy, I would have thought you were crazy.

I think it is a great marriage in Buffalo. The way we are building the team, the blue collar approach and our fan base. It is a blue collar approach. We try to do things the right way and I think the fans in Buffalo respect that. We are trying to give them a reason to come watch us every week, whether it is at home or on the road and our fans travel unlike other NFL teams. I am biased, but I think we have the best fans in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 10

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I got a tweet not found error here.

For anyone else with that problem, here's a link.  Also explains McDermott pretending to be a reporter and funning to Beane about "his opinion on your head coaches' athleticism"

Would have killed it in the combine…

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I got a tweet not found error here.

For anyone else with that problem, here's a link.  Also explains McDermott pretending to be a reporter and funning to Beane about "his opinion on your head coaches' athleticism"

Seeing that play in the Texans game just infuriated me . I forgot how the ref avoided the football like the plauge , telling everyone that's a live football. Then to not even have a formal review after was pretty ridiculous.  The guy never took a knee , by rule that's a live ball . 

Otherwise , like Peter said , I'm happy and grateful McDermott is running the show. Hea going to be our guy for a Longgg time

i get frustrated when that kickoff play gets brought up in interviews like this.   All the interesting and great things that happened this past season, and they have to ask about some technicality during the Houston game that could have given us the game that we ultimately didn't deserve to win.   

I'm glad they reversed the call, everyone knew the player was giving himself up.  The intent was clear.    Move on.

This was a better interview for McD with some lighter content.  He's normally a pretty robotic interview.  

Great guy.

8 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

On pending free agents: It comes down to simply we have a tremendous locker and culture. You come to Buffalo you will become the best version of yourself on and off the field. We have done that and it is a credit to everyone in the building. 

This is exactly why free agents should want to be on Bills.  You were probably a star in high school and college but your career is not going where you think it should.  You still have the desire, determination and willing to change to make yourself a better football player (and person) so this is somewhere you can do it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1