Looks like the NFL is about to have the New CBA.

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

H2O, I never said it wasn’t, but it is about $ on both sides and from the media as they make more $ too.  Probably Labor Day to Presidents day.  Not reported, just a guess.

Yes sir, everyone stands to profit from this in numerous ways. From the uptick in base salary, to the extra players kept on rosters, to the larger PS where years in the league don't exclude you, the NFL getting extra money, the owners getting extra money, the TV networks who will get additional advertising revenue, it's a laundry list of prospective cash flow for all involved. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This seems like a very short-sighted act by the players.  I don't see anything in the new CBA about post-career healthcare.  I see a significant drop in padded practices, more days off and more money due to the 17th game. 

NFL owners "negotiating" with players is like Kramer competing in a karate match against a 9-year-old.

I mean, you remember what happened when those 9-year olds got sick of it, right?

• Haha (+1) 5

With the expanded roster and PS , the XFL will be hurting for players.

1 minute ago, zevo said:

Would the playoff expansion start this season?

Expansion of the playoffs by one team in each conference is not a bargaining issue, but the owners would prefer player approval of a new CBA before instituting it

10 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Explain how a 7 team playoff structure works. Three wild cards and the lowest rated division winner play the first week. That leaves five playoff teams remaining. Please take it from there. 

AFC

1 seed Bye - Best Record 

2 vs 7

3 vs 6

4 vs 5

not to difficult. Then a reseed that has

1 vs 4

2 vs 3 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

This seems like a very short-sighted act by the players.  I don't see anything in the new CBA about post-career healthcare.  I see a significant drop in padded practices, more days off and more money due to the 17th game. 

NFL owners "negotiating" with players is like Kramer competing in a karate match against a 9-year-old.

Most players don't actually care about their post careers until they run into problems in their post careers, when they have problems they will try and go after the league and the fans to get sympathy for their situation to try and get the league to take care of them. It's all about getting paid now. And personally, I think they should be doing more padded practices to learn proper form and techniques so they aren't doing things wrong and getting hurt. That will probably help keep players healthy more then less actual practice

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

they are no longer going to punish for Weed. 

I haven't seen that in any of the stories.  This is one of the few mentions in PFT  I thought the players would take a tougher stance.

As one source explained it, a new CBA also would include dramatically reduced penalties, with suspensions happening only in the event of extreme and repeated disregard of the policy or significant violations of applicable law regarding the possession and use of marijuana.

1 minute ago, GG said:

I haven't seen that in any of the stories.  This is one of the few mentions in PFT  I thought the players would take a tougher stance.

See my links I added. Remember PFT is Always against Owners will “tailor” their posts that way

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2020/02/20/nfl-would-end-marijuana-suspensions-in-deal-circulated-by-players-union/

Edited by MAJBobby

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

they are no longer going to punish for Weed. 

And there you have it, the key to labour piece and getting a deal done. Give them a little more money and let them not be punished for smoking weed.....

The Owners could probably eliminate any health care and double practices and the players would still be in favour of this deal.....

T

4 minutes ago, GG said:

Looks like penalties will be reduced, not eliminated.

there will be No Suspensions for Weed 

Clear as day in the second bullet talking about it. 

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/CBA Proposal Fact Sheet Final.pdf

Edited by MAJBobby

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

T

there will be No Suspensions for Weed 

Why are you harping on this?   All stories point to the threshold for suspensions to be changed, but there definitely will be suspensions.

"As one source explained it, a new CBA also would include dramatically reduced penalties, with suspensions happening only in the event of extreme and repeated disregard of the policy or significant violations of applicable law regarding the possession and use of marijuana."

Read what that bullet point says.  It doesn't eliminate all suspensions  

Edited by GG

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Why are you harping on this?   All stories point to the threshold for suspensions to be changed, but there definitely will be suspensions.

"As one source explained it, a new CBA also would include dramatically reduced penalties, with suspensions happening only in the event of extreme and repeated disregard of the policy or significant violations of applicable law regarding the possession and use of marijuana."

because it is clear as day in the fact sheet. Elimination of suspensions for positive test. 

meaning NO SUSPENSION for weed. 

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/CBA Proposal Fact Sheet Final.pdf

Reduces the penalties to players who test positive for THC ,eliminating any game suspensions strictly for positive tests. 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

because it is clear as day in the fact sheet. Elimination of suspensions for positive test. 

meaning NO SUSPENSION for weed. 

Reduces the penalties to players who test positive for THC, eliminating any game suspensions strictly for positive tests.  

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

there are some indications that the owners did negotiate a bit on the 17th Game. 

I posted several days ago about this issue and the players bringing it up and the owners needing to do something about it...there is no way this wouldn't have become an issue to players who are getting paid by the game.

2 minutes ago, GG said:

yes strictly for positive test no suspension. So again No suspension for a Weed Test. As I stated. 

under this CBA Josh Gordon would have never had a single suspension. 

Edited by MAJBobby