Looks like the NFL is about to have the New CBA.

MAJBobby

This seems like a very short-sighted act by the players.  I don't see anything in the new CBA about post-career healthcare.  I see a significant drop in padded practices, more days off and more money due to the 17th game. 

NFL owners "negotiating" with players is like Kramer competing in a karate match against a 9-year-old.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 7

The only thing surprising from what Garafolo reported was a 9 home game one year and 8 games the second year.  It was widely reported the 17th game was going to be a neutral site.  I assume this might not be a detail worked out yet, and will change.  This was going to happen for those not happy with this new deal.

I know several don’t like the extra game or extra wildcard team, but they make a larger % of the pie up to 48.5% and the tv revenue goes up quite a bit.  Given they will negotiate streaming, different network options and from ive read DTV won’t be exclusive anymore.

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

The only thing surprising from what Garafolo reported was a 9 home game one year and 8 games the second year.  It was widely reported the 17th game was going to be a neutral site.  I assume this might not be a detail worked out yet, and will change.  This was going to happen for those not happy with this new deal.

I know several don’t like the extra game or extra wildcard team, but they make a larger % of the pie up to 48.5% and the tv revenue goes up quite a bit.  Given they will negotiate streaming, different network options and from ive read DTV won’t be exclusive anymore.

Make no mistake about it, it's definitely about the $$$. 

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

I wonder if they stay with 4 preseason games and allow 53 active for games.

Proposal is 3 Preseason

55 man Roster

48 Active

PS expanding to 14

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

At this point the executive committee went to three pre-season games, and a little surprised this wasn’t a negotiating ploy and would have settled on two games and some competitive practices.

have not seen that in the new proposal anywhere 

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This seems like a very short-sighted act by the players.  I don't see anything in the new CBA about post-career healthcare.  I see a significant drop in padded practices, more days off and more money due to the 17th game. 

NFL owners "negotiating" with players is like Kramer competing in a karate match against a 9-year-old.

26 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Great news for fans, seems like the players might be screwed after their careers are done though. Nice to not have a lockout looming over the league. 

"Creation of new network of hospitals in each team city for former players to receive no cost physicals, preventative care, mental health counseling, and out-patient orthopedic services. Coverage of common surgeries to be phased in during course of deal."

How many posters here were offered that before they were released or were retired from their last job?

This CBA is the best deal the players have ever been offered.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4