Giants “open for business”

Virgil

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

New HC that just got the keys to the kingdom and a big, day contract + team need for QB + owner that likes to make a splash = flashy QB trade up for me

Too bad Judge isn’t a coach/GM.  People forget that Dave Gettleman is still GM.  He traded up to draft Daniel Jones last season.  He’s not taking a QB high in the draft.  I’ll bet you anything.  

9 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Too bad Judge isn’t a coach/GM.  People forget that Dave Gettleman is still GM.  He traded up to draft Daniel Jones last season.  He’s not taking a QB high in the draft.  I’ll bet you anything.  

Gettleman is the NYG GM, yes. I’m talking about Carolina. And the Giants didn’t trade up for Jones; they took him at 6.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Me as well, it’s nice not worrying about taking a QB after all these years lol.

Doubt it, they’re going to keep Newton. They would be fools not to. The only problem with newton is his injury history. 

Newton's "only problem" is the he's gone from wearing funny hats to wearing this:

image.png.a7cf3249cb31c5ea552703ecc633b298.png

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

No it definitely is but remember he’s been injured quite a bit and kept being rushed out while injured and wasn’t given proper time to heal. Most of the time last year the back up was playing more than Newton was. If they draft a QB it’ll probably be in the 2nd or 3rd round to

compete with Allen and Grier. I don’t think the panthers are ready to let Newton go just yet, 2020 might be his last year if they still suck while he’s starting

Newton was effective at one point, but he's definitely done. Too many injuries and he's never been a great thrower anyway.

12 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

The fact that the team is 0-9 in his last 9 starts isn’t a problem?

Not for Newton it's not.

But yes, for the whole team it's a massive massive problem. Wins and losses isn't a QB stat, it's a team stat.

The concern for Newton is how well Newton himself played in those games. And it's really hard to figure how one guy is playing sometimes in the middle of a tire fire. But in a quick and cursory look at his last eleven games it sure looks like in his last five he's been pretty bad and the six before that he was terrific.

What that says, I don't know. I think keeping him or dumping him are both pretty defensible at this point.

Edited by Thurman#1

16 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

New HC that just got the keys to the kingdom and a big, day contract + team need for QB + owner that likes to make a splash = flashy QB trade up for me

Did you know that, as a new HC, McDermott had the chance to get a QB and he passed up on Patrick Mahomes?

If true, this really puts Detroit in a good spot at #3. Assuming what they say about keeping Stafford they could really squeeze Miami, Carolina or the Chargers for a trade-up. Unfortunately, they are still the Lions so one can only guess how they will mess it up......