Giants “open for business”

Virgil

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28779956/gm-dave-gettleman-giants-open-business-no-4-pick

Not sure if I’m buying this based off his history, but can’t imagine why he’d lie about it.  If true, I think we will see some crazy trade values.  

I think the Dolphins 100% have to do everything in their power to get to #3 or they might lose out on Tua or Herbert. 

I can honestly see QB’s going 1, 3, and 4 if the Giants actually trade.  

If so, some solid talent will drop out of the top 5 into a more obtainable trading area 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Carolina is going to 4 for a QB.

Book it.

I think they go Simmons, but wouldn’t be surprised if they also did this.  

I think they have too many holes to be able to give up the picks for that trade, but who knows 

Just now, Virgil said:

I think they go Simmons, but wouldn’t be surprised if they also did this.  

I think they have too many holes to be able to give up the picks for that trade, but who knows 

New HC that just got the keys to the kingdom and a big, day contract + team need for QB + owner that likes to make a splash = flashy QB trade up for me

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So glad we dont have to worry about this

Me as well, it’s nice not worrying about taking a QB after all these years lol.

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Carolina is going to 4 for a QB.

Book it.

Doubt it, they’re going to keep Newton. They would be fools not to. The only problem with newton is his injury history. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Doubt it, they’re going to keep Newton. They would be fools not to. The only problem with newton is his injury history. 

The fact that the team is 0-9 in his last 9 starts isn’t a problem?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The fact that the team is 0-9 in his last 9 starts isn’t a problem?

No it definitely is but remember he’s been injured quite a bit and kept being rushed out while injured and wasn’t given proper time to heal. Most of the time last year the back up was playing more than Newton was. If they draft a QB it’ll probably be in the 2nd or 3rd round to

compete with Allen and Grier. I don’t think the panthers are ready to let Newton go just yet, 2020 might be his last year if they still suck while he’s starting

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Hot garbage take: Newton is not good.

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I think they may Tank for Trevor...

I would in a second.  That kid is gonna be great.

My replies just merged together.  That was cool. Best board around. :)

5 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Hot garbage take: Newton is not good.

I would in a second.  That kid is gonna be great.

My replies just merged together.  That was cool. Best board around. :)

I think Trevor might end up in Miami. Something tells me they’re not gonna draft a QB this year. Most of the QBs coming out this year won’t be starting right away with the exception for Burrows. He might be the only one starting, next years QB draft class is supposed to be huge with Lawrence as the big name.  I fully expect Miami to stay the course this year with Rosen and Fitz again and then next year is the year they draft a QB

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

59 minutes ago, Virgil said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28779956/gm-dave-gettleman-giants-open-business-no-4-pick

Not sure if I’m buying this based off his history, but can’t imagine why he’d lie about it.  If true, I think we will see some crazy trade values.  

I think the Dolphins 100% have to do everything in their power to get to #3 or they might lose out on Tua or Herbert. 

If so, some solid talent will drop out of the top 5 into a more obtainable trading area 

Can’t imagine why he’d lie about it? At this time of year? I can’t imagine why he’d be truthful about it. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think Trevor might end up in Miami. Something tells me they’re not gonna draft a QB this year. Most of the QBs coming out this year won’t be starting right away with the exception for Burrows. He might be the only one starting, next years QB draft class is supposed to be huge with Lawrence as the big name.  I fully expect Miami to stay the course this year with Rosen and Fitz again and then next year is the year they draft a QB

Well, whoever is going for Trevor needs to get the #1 pick, because you are not getting him at #2. 

Well, if you were going to tank, Rosen is a good start.  They need to trade for Peterman so clinch it. :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, hjnick said:

Well, whoever is going for Trevor needs to get the #1 pick, because you are not getting him at #2. 

Well, if you were going to tank, Rosen is a good start.  They need to trade for Peterman so clinch it. :)

Lol, how peterman is still in the NFL is beyond me. Guys worse than Gary Marangi ??

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Man, the Phins screwed the pooch in their tank year.

Hasn't Gettlemen said that pretty much every year?  Then he doesn't trade and explains people were trying to get his pick for half a used hotdog and a bicycle tire.

How you tell a GM is lying this time of year:  Pretty much, His Lips Move.

2 minutes ago, hjnick said:

That’s why I see Miami keeping the Fitz/Rosen combo for one more year before going all in on Lawrence. It’s been publicly known that Ross is not a fan of Tua due to his injury problems and is not sold on Herbert and wants Burrows but everyone knows he’s going to Cincinnati 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Man, the Phins screwed the pooch in their tank year.

Hasn't Gettlemen said that pretty much every year?  Then he doesn't trade and explains people were trying to get his pick for half a used hotdog and a bicycle tire.

How you tell a GM is lying this time of year:  Pretty much, His Lips Move.

They did by re benching Rosen and putting Fitz back out there. But that was also due to player/fan pressure about benching Rosen since they were losing horribly with him under center. Flores doesn’t want to tank and that’s obvious. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

That’s why I see Miami keeping the Fitz/Rosen combo for one more year before going all in on Lawrence. It’s been publicly known that Ross is not a fan of Tua due to his injury problems and is not sold on Herbert and wants Burrows but everyone knows he’s going to Cincinnati 

They did by re benching Rosen and putting Fitz back out there. But that was also due to player/fan pressure about benching Rosen since they were losing horribly with him under center. Flores doesn’t want to tank and that’s obvious. 

Yeah, but why would Miami think they will tank any better next year with Fitz/Rosen?  Like Fitz or don't like him, he's a gamer,  he goes hard, and he inspires the team to go hard for him.  Reunite him with Chan Gailey, they might win 7 games.

• Like (+1) 4