Would you guys want to re-sign Dawkins at the 15 mill a year price tag?

njbuff

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well did you even read? I did not say Glenn is better . I said he was a better LT for US than Dawkins has been. That's the only reason I mentioned him

And yes Peters is still better

This isn't about who will be better in 5 years... Who's better today

Oh right, because we’re discussing who to sign to a one day contract, not a five year contract.  :rolleyes:

21 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I honestly don't think he's a top LT. Not even top 10 rn

He takes good amount of penalties and gets beat more than you want. I think he's good , not great

I agree, I think he is a solid player but I think he is a step below Cordy Glenn as a player. Dawkins gets beat by speed rushers and he doesn’t maul people off the LOS. For the right price I don’t mind keeping Dawkins but I’m not paying him top 10 money. 

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

21 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I honestly don't think he's a top LT. Not even top 10 rn

He takes good amount of penalties and gets beat more than you want. I think he's good , not great

This is where I am. 

However...it’s hard to find even good young LT’s sometimes and given where we are, I think it makes sense to keep him and hope he gets better. 

I wouldn't be thrilled with it because he's not an upper echelon LT, but he is very solid. 

I would begrudgingly do it because he's been a team player, doesn't get hurt, and can do his job at a high level and already is accustomed to playing with Allen and others on the line.

I wouldn't want to create a hole at a critical position. It's not easy getting a good LT, and he is good.

Would love for him to take a bit of a discount knowing that he does have limitations.

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

I wouldn't be thrilled with it because he's not an upper echelon LT, but he is very solid. 

I would begrudgingly do it because he's been a team player, doesn't get hurt, and can do his job at a high level and already is accustomed to playing with Allen and others on the line.

I wouldn't want to create a hole at a critical position. It's not easy getting a good LT, and he is good.

Would love for him to take a bit of a discount knowing that he does have limitations.

$15M/year for 5 years basically IS a discount considering it will be a mid-level wage halfway through the contract.

LT is a position that you don't want to F--- With. He takes a lot fewer "false start" penalties than Tunsil. Both Players are 6'5" 320ish. If the Dolphins got the kind of haul from Houston they got, what would Dawkins be worth? And whom are you gonna get to replace him? Will the replacement be better? Unless you can identitfy a "better" LT out there who the Bills can sign as a FA I think you have to pay the man the going rate. Most contracts these days have "opt outs" after 2-3 yrs anyway. An added plus in his favor are his receiving skills around the goal line. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DawkDi00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TunsLa00.htm

Pay Da Man! They have the cap space and unless he makes unreasonable demands, which I doubt,