Would you guys want to re-sign Dawkins at the 15 mill a year price tag?

njbuff

‘LT has the QBs Back’ goes the saying. Our QB just happens to have a very strong back, but I want to keep it that way. DD loves him some Josh. He won’t let him get hurt -even if it means a ‘LOOK OUT!’ block.. Give the Schnowman his schmoney to  keep stirring the Mac & cheese.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, White Linen said:

Yes.  He's very good, he's 25 and he stays healthy.  These are the exact type of players you sign long term. 

He's 25 and stays healthy: True

He's very good: Up for debate. He's steady and serviceable if anything. Nothing he does on tape stands out and blows you away. 

Worth retaining? Yes

Elite LT money? No

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes. I was sceptical before the year. I was unconvinced at the quarter pole. I thought he had his best, most consistent period as a Bill from the bye onwards. I'd pay the man. Again the CBA issue makes an extension this year tricky, but because (unlike Tre White) you don't have a means of keeping him next year without the contract extension (save for the tag) so I think you have to bite the bullet.

a decent rookie season, a substandard sophomore year and a very nice third year. he is under contract for this coming year and while it may ultimately cost more to do a deal next year, i would prefer to see him one more year before committing a boatload of money in his direction. with the possibility of signing him long term before the year is out if he is playing nicely.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Until we have something better, absolutely.

I think this is what it comes down to.  Is Dawkins worth $15M/year?  In my opinion, not right now.  I think he's slightly above average and certainly not in the top 10 in league LTs.

He's been improving, but still whiffs and gets beat badly; at the least, he wasn't the worst problem on the line.  So until someone better comes along, Dawkins will get paid and be a bit overpaid.

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I think this is what it comes down to.  Is Dawkins worth $15M/year?  In my opinion, not right now.  I think he's slightly above average and certainly not in the top 10 in league LTs.

He's been improving, but still whiffs and gets beat badly; at the least, he wasn't the worst problem on the line.  So until someone better comes along, Dawkins will get paid and be a bit overpaid.

And he can still improve. Nothing to indicate he has capped out on potential.

He is above average & could still improve some. It seems like he likes playing in Buffalo & seems to be a process guy. If we don't pay him, who are we going to replace him with----hard to get LT's in free agency & if you draft a new guy, what is his learning curve---will he get Josh killed ?

Besides, remember we could always move him to RT.

16 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I think he’s near the top 10. I can’t think of 10 guys I’d rather have than Dawkins.

• Like (+1) 1

You already shnow!!!

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's a let's see how much he can improve this season.

If he takes a nice step , yes

The only issue perhaps with doing that, is it could drive his price even higher.  If he steps up and becomes a top 10 LT that hits the FA market he will get paid.

Look at the deal Trent Brown got or Nate Solder before him.  That is funny money for 2 guys I never thought were that good.  The Bills might benefit from the lack of buzz around them but some league GM will back up the truck if he improves and hits FA.

• Like (+1) 1