Would you guys want to re-sign Dawkins at the 15 mill a year price tag?

njbuff

Dawkins ranks in the upper half of LT's in the NFL for sure and it is going to cost 15 mill a year to keep him................

Question is?????

Is it a wise decision to keep him at this rate?

I say it's a big yes, but I think a lot of you might feel differently.

What do you think?

• Like (+1) 2

The market is just going to keep increasing as with anything else. I'm fine with 5 years $70,000,000-$75,000,000 in total with $45,000,000-$50,000,000 of that being guaranteed. I just hope they get the deal done sooner rather than later as the price tag will continue to go up. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

The market is just going to keep increasing as with anything else. I'm fine with 5 years $70,000,000-$75,000,000 in total with $45,000,000-$50,000,000 of that being guaranteed. I just hope they get the deal done sooner rather than later as the price tag will continue to go up. 

Good point, the sooner the better, money wise. 

Yes. I was sceptical before the year. I was unconvinced at the quarter pole. I thought he had his best, most consistent period as a Bill from the bye onwards. I'd pay the man. Again the CBA issue makes an extension this year tricky, but because (unlike Tre White) you don't have a means of keeping him next year without the contract extension (save for the tag) so I think you have to bite the bullet.

• Like (+1) 1

Eh.  I’ve maintained no, but I also haven’t broken down any of his film this year.  I think we’re going to resign him because he’s been playing his cards right/seems like a great guy.  

Just seems to me he gets beat on plays we have to have

Dawkins is everything you want out of a player in the locker room and off the field.
I think if Beane can find him a constant solid left guard to play beside, Dawkins will be a solid to good LT for years to come. It’s not coincidence that Dawkins disappointing season came when the entire line was in shambles. 

Yes, pay him and move on. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1