Harrison Phillips recovery update

CorkScrewHill

17 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

McDermott loves him his DL rotations

I think it's a good practice to do because it keeps players fresh. But, sometimes I wish he'd go by the situation rather than, "this is how the rotation goes." Because there's been more than a few times where you definitely want your first string guys out there, especially when a trailing opponent is trying to rally. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Matt Parrino interview with Harrison Phillips discussing his charity, rehab, his feelings about the city of Buffalo, Shaq, Jordan, and Ed Oliver.

Horrible Harry is an amazing young man! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/26/2020 at 12:44 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The average US job doesn't involve having multiple refrigerator-size guys slam into you or pound you into the concrete 64 times per game, every Sunday.

And the average duration of a normal career is longer than 3-4 years.

Yes, NFL players get very well paid for what they do, but let's not pretend there isn't significant down-side to compensate for a few months/yr of rising at 9 am.

It's hard to feel sorry for them because a) it's voluntary, b) they make more money in their 3-4 year career than most people make in their lives, c) when their football career is over the can retire early or start a second career if they like, and d) there are a ton of fringe benefits.

Despite the physical toll, I suspect the vast majority of American men would sign up for an NFL career in a heartbeat if they could.

On February 26, 2020 at 9:50 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Who wouldn't want that life!  Tons of money, play a game a week.  Half the year off.  First class travel, training facilities.  Retire young.  Start second career with money in the bank.

Agreed.  Some guys even start their 2nd career while they're still playing.  Your guy Patrick Chung is an example.

• Haha (+1) 5

On 2/26/2020 at 12:58 AM, NC Book said:

Run D was pretty stout when he was healthy iirc. Didn't he lead Stanford on tackles his last year? That's insane for a 

I too want to believe Phillips' return helps the run D.  Maybe it falls more on Edmunds.

On 2/25/2020 at 9:37 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Makes JP even more of a challenge to keep.  I say let him test the market and if he comes back as Spotrac states at $6.25 mil. Then would be even better on the inside.  I still want Ngokue, and Hooper.  Draft two WR’s and an edge rusher and we are set, after we get late Dillon.  It would be great in a mid round to get a RT to share time with Nsekhe, and move Ford to LG.  Let Spain walk unless we keep Ford at RT, and make an offer for Spain.

My perfect off season along with extending ones we want.  

Phillips will get paid nicely, it won't be by the Bills though.

At DT we already have Star (took a paycut), Last years 1st round draft pick #9, Ed Oliver and Horrible Harry. As a 1st round pick, they want Oliver to become a star.

Bringing back Corey Liuget could be a solid signing.

DT position set

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Buffaloed in Pa said:

Not on the field. Got pushed around. Noo pressure

Really? Because it sure seemed like our run defense took a nosedive after he tore his ACL. Also, he was mainly in a rotation with Star @ 1-Tech. You see more interior double teams and are basically a space eater. Jordan Phillips and Ed Oliver were manning the 3-Tech. That is the place where you get most of your disruption from. This is what Harrison Phillips did in college as a penetrating DT.

image.thumb.png.94ae60e8346fdd5f6e7e155288085448.png

Pretty sure 17.0 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks require pressure to stop people behind the LOS. I also believe it's part of the reason we are interested in Reader and will wind up letting JP walk. Harry is gonna be kicked over to the 3-Tech along with Oliver. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/9/2020 at 1:14 PM, H2o said:

Really? Because it sure seemed like our run defense took a nosedive after he tore his ACL. Also, he was mainly in a rotation with Star @ 1-Tech. You see more interior double teams and are basically a space eater. Jordan Phillips and Ed Oliver were manning the 3-Tech. That is the place where you get most of your disruption from. This is what Harrison Phillips did in college as a penetrating DT.

image.thumb.png.94ae60e8346fdd5f6e7e155288085448.png

Pretty sure 17.0 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks require pressure to stop people behind the LOS. I also believe it's part of the reason we are interested in Reader and will wind up letting JP walk. Harry is gonna be kicked over to the 3-Tech along with Oliver. 

Man I hope it goes like that???