Mel Kiper Mock 2.0(ESPN Insider)

Buffalo716

23 hours ago, GG said:

For all the love that Ruggs is now getting, why in the world was he the #3 WR on his college team?   Why weren't they spoon-feeding the ball to the apparently best playmaker in college and promptly fell out of BCS contention?

Asked another way, when was the last time the 3rd most productive Jr/Sr WR on a nationally ranked team went on to greatness?

I dunno - DK metcalf?

On 2/25/2020 at 1:33 PM, GunnerBill said:

Agree the other 3 will be gone...  but it is Shenault v Higgins v Ayiuk v Reagor for me. That is my next 4 guys pretty tightly grouped. 

I like what I’ve seen of Ayiuk and Reagor.  I’m neutral on Higgins and I wouldn’t take Shenault in round 1 - I don’t think he solves a WR problem (at least not this year).

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

IMO, it's time to pivot away, within reason, from hoarding draft capital (to get as many reinforcements as possible) and embrace taking a swing at getting a difference maker.   

I think many folks are still scarred by the Watkins trade up--which in retrospect was dumb/premature, because we didn't have the rest of the team ready for a WR like him.    The current Bills roster is a much different animal.

The core of the team is now in place.    What's lacking is the 'explosive playmaker' that Beane talked about at the combine.     IMO, adding that guy to the current mix would be worth giving up an extra second or third round pick (we would be swapping pick #22 for something higher, so 'trading our 1st' really isn't an issue)...     

I would have a hard time giving up pick 54 just to move 4 spots from 22 to 18.