Mel Kiper Mock 2.0(ESPN Insider)

Buffalo716

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

I'm thinking a high motor DE or the 3rd best CB in the draft

You may very well be correct.  If one of the consensus top three DE's are there at 22, I believe Beane will grab him. Thereafter, on day two, I believe he will be hunting receivers and CB's.  The moves that the Bills make in free agency may cause me to change my expectations.  I also expect Beane to make at least one trade to move up on day two.

Given the information that has been put out from a number of sources that there are at least 16 WR's in the draft that will grade out as day one or two picks, Beane has options.  There also isn't uniform consensus on the top five WR's in the draft.  I trust that the scouting departments for NFL teams have a better handle on this than any sports writer.

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'd be thrilled if they took any offensive weapon, really.

I’m available! And I’m often described as offensive!

As much as I want the “BIG” WR, we really need more team speed. Guys who can score from anywhere. I don’t want smurfs, but 6’ and 190# is plenty if he scares a defense.  We can use TE’s for the “big WR” role, I guess or add another bigger guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'm not a big mach drafter, but isn't Mel Kiper, Jr usually wrong?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Kiper will have so many mocks between now and the actual draft, that he can go back to say "I told you so".

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

One should hope thats a word of warning.  I suppose he still has a chance to be a good player, but so far hes been a pretty huge whiff.  Ruggs lack of production is somewhat of a red flag to me.  

Cheers man. I know what you mean, but I see Ross and Ruggs as two very different players. Ross was your typical track star playing football type of WR in my opinion feasting on weak PAC-12 defenses and I think Ruggs will actually beat his 40 time easily. 

From the production angle, Ruggs doesn't have the stats of a Tee Higgins for example, but Alabama like to run (they're usually winning big early in games) and Jeudy/Smith/Ruggs/Waddle are all potential Day 1 picks in 2020/2021. Therefore, Ruggs wasn't the focal point and one could argue he benefited from having those players around him, but I'd make the case that his elite speed opened up space for everyone else. His production in the SEC, speed, and route-running all make me confident that Ruggs will turn out to be a much better pro than Ross. 

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

If the Bills want Ruggs, it looks like they will have to pay the piper to move up.

Are you willing to give up a two and next year's first, which will be the cost to move up?

Whoa!   Where do yo think Ruggs would be picked?    Top 10?     Can't see it.    More like 15-17.

The Bills moved up to #16 two years ago to nab Edmonds and only had to give up #22 and and a second (#65), plus they got Baltimore's pick at #154 in return. 

One thing to hope for if you’re a fan of Ruggs (as I am) is another QB or two sneaking into 1st round contention after the combine and workouts. There’s a lot of teams in QB flux right now and while some will be settled by the draft, they’ll still be some pretty old guys phasing out very soon. A few teams falling in love with one of these current “2nd tier” guys will be great for the Bills’ chances at landing Ruggs.

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Has the Buffalo Bills taking Henry Ruggs (WR Alabama)

Expected to post the fastest 40 time at the combine (sub 4.3)

Not only is Ruggs fast but he has really worked on his route running the last year and has REALLY soft hands ... Natural Hands catcher with the ability to take any pass to the house.

I would love this honestly and would give Josh another big time playmaker at his disposal. He is probably my #1 target for out spot

I don't even think he will last

What kind of moisturizer does he use to get those extra soft hands??  My wife says my hands are too rough.

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's already higher on my board than 22. I don't even care what he runs

Unless it's 4.42

He’s my number 1 WR. That would be a nice surprise on draft day. I think a more real conversation would be Shenault vs Higgins vs Jefferson at 22. The other three will likely be off the board. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billspro said:

He’s my number 1 WR. That would be a nice surprise on draft day. I think a more real conversation would be Shenault vs Higgins vs Jefferson at 22. The other three will likely be off the board. 

Agree the other 3 will be gone...  but it is Shenault v Higgins v Ayiuk v Reagor for me. That is my next 4 guys pretty tightly grouped. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Has the Buffalo Bills taking Henry Ruggs (WR Alabama)

Expected to post the fastest 40 time at the combine (sub 4.3)

Not only is Ruggs fast but he has really worked on his route running the last year and has REALLY soft hands ... Natural Hands catcher with the ability to take any pass to the house.

I would love this honestly and would give Josh another big time playmaker at his disposal. He is probably my #1 target for out spot

I don't even think he will last

Ruggs is the dream scenario at #22 for the Bills...

Not only do I think he won't be around at #22, I think there's a chance he's the #1 WR off the board in 2020...Especially if he runs as fast as they think he will...He's still developing...But you're looking at a potential Tyreek Hill-type impact WR in the NFL...One small misstep by a DB and it's over with that kid...?

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Ruggs is the dream scenario at #22 for the Bills...

Not only do I think he won't be around at #22, I think there's a chance he's the #1 WR off the board in 2020...Especially if he runs as fast as they think he will...He's still developing...But you're looking at a potential Tyreek Hill-type impact WR in the NFL...One small misstep by a DB and it's over with that kid...?

He is tyreek hill who is more well rounded

Totally world class speed

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'm not a big mach drafter, but isn't Mel Kiper, Jr usually wrong?

Honestly no clue I really don't pay attention to mocks but I have insider so I read it lol

Probably wrong all the time. Why he's not a GM

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree the other 3 will be gone...  but it is Shenault v Higgins v Ayiuk v Reagor for me. That is my next 4 guys pretty tightly grouped. 

I just can’t get excited about Ayiuk. He is a tough e v a l because he catches a lot of screen passes. 

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

There are other top notch WR's to feed the ball to at Alabama.

I wouldn't say his lack of production is a red flag at all.

I said somewhat.  Its a loaded program, i just wouldve liked to see i dunno 1000 yards?  More than 4 100 yard games in 3 seasons?  

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Cheers man. I know what you mean, but I see Ross and Ruggs as two very different players. Ross was your typical track star playing football type of WR in my opinion feasting on weak PAC-12 defenses and I think Ruggs will actually beat his 40 time easily. 

From the production angle, Ruggs doesn't have the stats of a Tee Higgins for example, but Alabama like to run (they're usually winning big early in games) and Jeudy/Smith/Ruggs/Waddle are all potential Day 1 picks in 2020/2021. Therefore, Ruggs wasn't the focal point and one could argue he benefited from having those players around him, but I'd make the case that his elite speed opened up space for everyone else. His production in the SEC, speed, and route-running all make me confident that Ruggs will turn out to be a much better pro than Ross. 

Yeah - they aren't really that comparable other than that they are very fast.  Just saying - don't want to be the team that did things like...

Take zay over juju and kupp.  Or traded up for watkins instead of just sitting pat for evans or beckham.  This ones gotta be right ?

• Like (+1) 1

For all the love that Ruggs is now getting, why in the world was he the #3 WR on his college team?   Why weren't they spoon-feeding the ball to the apparently best playmaker in college and promptly fell out of BCS contention?

Asked another way, when was the last time the 3rd most productive Jr/Sr WR on a nationally ranked team went on to greatness?