Post Favorite memory of the 2019 season

JerseyBills

On 2/25/2020 at 10:04 AM, blacklabel said:

Lot of good moments from 2019. The Pittsburgh game was an interesting one for me. I was waiting to get on a flight back to Buffalo around the time the game started and there were more than a few Bills fans all watching the game at the airport. The flight got delayed, the gate got changed (from one end of the airport to the other) and then I'm on the plane late in the 4th and airplane WiFi is awful. I got sporadic messages from my brother who kept me updated. Got off the plane in Buffalo and this older gentleman walked past me and just went, "Hey-ey-ey-ey" kinda quiet and we were like, "Playoffs!" Cool how sports can bring people together like that. And I didn't see it until later but Barkley whipping his jacket around during "Renegade" cracked me up.

Dallas game was great. Kinda watched in disbelief at how easily they came out and smacked 'em right in the mouth. The 4th-down-fumblerooski-scoop-n'-sneak-for-a-first was rad. I think right after that Romo was saying, "And that's why this team loves this kid!" Also, Tre' doing the Dak dance on the sidelines was hilarious.

Knox steamrolling against the Bengals, love it. Reminded me of Fred Jackson plowing through Chris Conte during the 2014 opener. 

Overall what really stands out to me for 2019 was their resiliency. In past seasons we'd see teams with some talent but the minute they'd fall behind it was like the wheels fell off and that was it. They never seemed "out of it" in any game last season (well, maybe Philly after Sanders trucked it 65 yards for a score). And you can tell that these dudes are tight, which is important. I can't even count how many times I've seen one of those 90s Bills players say the main reason they were so good is because they played for each other. They were all about not letting their teammates down and you can see that with this group. Culture is a thing. 

I share this same view about them being in every game except Philly.  The wins and the playoffs were a huge step, but most important for me is that general feel of how we stack up against the other 31 teams, are we bringing it each week and competing at a high level.  The ball will bounce the wrong way sometimes, and every NFL team had multiple losses last year, but when you have the building blocks in place and CONSISTENCY in your coaching staff for a bunch of years, the ball tends to bounce a little more in our direction now.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s a tie. Both from the games you’d probably expect :

Watching CBS get a turkey leg specifically because Josh Allen said he always dreamed of eating one after a Turkey Day win, then watching him and Tre eat it on the field IN DALLAS...priceless.

Josh’s 3rd down TD throw to Tyler Kroft in Pittsburgh. That was a big boy play in a big boy moment.

For me it was the Titan’s game because I live near Nashville and my wife got us front row seats on the Bills side of the field.

It was awesome because we took over the stadium, I met some great Bills fans and we won. I got to high five a bunch of the players after the game including Josh. 

And to top it all off, we made the pictures on the Bills website talking about the fan support for the game. I still use the picture as my background.It was a GREAT birthday present!

On 2/25/2020 at 7:35 AM, GunnerBill said:

I also go for Ed's strip sack in Dallas. The reason being I feel like I have seen the Bills in big games when it is right there for them just fail to make that critical play that shifted everything decisively their way. It was 7-7 we picked off Dak in Dallas territory and missed a makeable FG. The very next drive Ed's strip sack was like the defense saying to the offense "here, have another go." 13-7 (Hausch missed the XP) and the game was never close from that point on. Once we won that game it was a case of when we sealed the playoff spot rather than if for me.

Yeah. This may very well have been the most IMPACTFUL play of the season.

We've got some issues while playing with a lead against good teams/QB's. We don't run the ball effectively and the defense often fails to get much pressure on opposing QB.s Last drive against Cleveland comes to mind.

When you've got the defense out there flipping fields and creating points, it changes everything. That's the play we needed against Houston. This is why I'm so interested in seeing them add a stud edge athlete.

Edited by LSHMEAB

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Beating the Steelers to get into the playoffs

Yeah I've got to go with this.  I wanted to say the Dallas game because I was so happy to see the Bills perform at that level on a national stage, but hearing Al Michaels' almost incredulous tone when Josh hit Kroft for the go-ahead TD was fantastic.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Off the top of my head, for me it was that first down on Thanksgiving Day in Dallas where Josh picked up a fumble & fought like a warrior to get the first down.

Changed the whole complexion of the game, & showed Dallas and the whole nation that this is not the "same old Bills."

Best memory - thoroughly thrashing the "Boys" in their own home on Prime time.

Worst memory - giving up 20 points in the 2nd half alone to lose yet another 1st round playoff game..........shameful

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/24/2020 at 8:12 PM, delirious said:

Id have to say spanking the 'Boys in Jerry World on Thanksgiving was top notch. 

And yet, winning in Pittsburgh to seal their ticket to the playoffs for the first 10 win season in forever has to do it for me. 

Egg-xactly.