Post Favorite memory of the 2019 season

JerseyBills

Lot of good moments from 2019. The Pittsburgh game was an interesting one for me. I was waiting to get on a flight back to Buffalo around the time the game started and there were more than a few Bills fans all watching the game at the airport. The flight got delayed, the gate got changed (from one end of the airport to the other) and then I'm on the plane late in the 4th and airplane WiFi is awful. I got sporadic messages from my brother who kept me updated. Got off the plane in Buffalo and this older gentleman walked past me and just went, "Hey-ey-ey-ey" kinda quiet and we were like, "Playoffs!" Cool how sports can bring people together like that. And I didn't see it until later but Barkley whipping his jacket around during "Renegade" cracked me up.

Dallas game was great. Kinda watched in disbelief at how easily they came out and smacked 'em right in the mouth. The 4th-down-fumblerooski-scoop-n'-sneak-for-a-first was rad. I think right after that Romo was saying, "And that's why this team loves this kid!" Also, Tre' doing the Dak dance on the sidelines was hilarious.

Knox steamrolling against the Bengals, love it. Reminded me of Fred Jackson plowing through Chris Conte during the 2014 opener. 

Overall what really stands out to me for 2019 was their resiliency. In past seasons we'd see teams with some talent but the minute they'd fall behind it was like the wheels fell off and that was it. They never seemed "out of it" in any game last season (well, maybe Philly after Sanders trucked it 65 yards for a score). And you can tell that these dudes are tight, which is important. I can't even count how many times I've seen one of those 90s Bills players say the main reason they were so good is because they played for each other. They were all about not letting their teammates down and you can see that with this group. Culture is a thing. 

The short week of Denver and Dallas.

I was away at grad school for three years, and the miserable stretch away from my family and girlfriend finally ended in December. Around Thanksgiving, the end was so close that I could taste it, and so my personal life was buzzing with excitement. I flew home for Thanksgiving and went to the Denver game with my girlfriend. My first Bills game with her ever, and first in general since 2014. Awesome game. Then the short week came, and we got that beaut of a game in Dallas. I'll never forget it. We were 9-3, which is crazy good. We all had talked about needing 2 of the last 5, and worrying that it might not happen. Winning the first one made us all sure we'd be a playoff team. 

2019 was a fun season. Obviously ended on a sour note, but most fun start to finish since the 90s. I think the Dallas game and the first 2.5 quarters of the Houston game. The lead up, Bills backers party & tailgate were awesome and how we started out the game was just unreal euphoria for me in that stadium. 

I really liked the play Brown to Josh but Josh's attempt at Browns celebration was pretty lame it was a nice tribute to Brown but not good IMHO . 

I being a fan of the under dog & that fits with just being a Bills fan thought it was great to see Duke catch 1 of his 1st NFL catches in his 1st game back & having 1 be a game winner talk about a high light for his season !! That would be my pick ...

thanksgiving was one of the funnest football days I can ever remember having. tons of great plays in that game and tre white dancing up to Allens turkey wing and take a big ole bite afterwards sorta sealed the day there! 

a very close 2nd would be putting the steelers, and more specifically hodges, on blast in primetime. I live right on the outskirts of "stiller" country and the amount of hype that was building around here for a qb that wasn't asked to do anything special vs a run crap defenses was just stupid.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, this ^^^
The first down by Allen after the fumbled snap says it all. 

Go Bills!!!

Hands down, my favorite single play of the season.

You can’t coach “ Want to” and JA showed a ton on that play, especially flinging the Cow girl who was holding on for dear life  at the end of the play.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, BritBill said:

I've lots of memories from the 2019 season. It was a very special one.

Finally, after 30 years of supporting the Bills I made the trip to Buffalo for a game. The result didn't go the right way but to finally got to a place I've yearned to visit. To do this with my son made it extra special.

After the game had finished I took the time to stand with my boy and take a long look of stadium emptying, the players walking off and staff going about their business.  

We'll never, ever forget that.

My avatar pic was taken at a similar moment after a game with a better outcome. Good times.