Who is the biggest Fool’s Gold FA this year?

12 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yannick Ngakoue

This is my thought. A guy who is consistently tweeting about his "worth" or whatever and saying he's seeking $22,000,000 per season? Yeah, not paying that for 8 sacks a season. 

Edited by H2o

1 hour ago, BigBillsFan said:

Kelvin Benjamin... if any player pays him more than 10 mil a year they are in trouble.

If any player pays him anything at all that would make me question the circumstances. 

• Like (+1) 1

Good question. My answer last year was Tyrell Williams. Paid like a top 20 receiver but produces like a middle of the road number 2 wideout.

While I think Ngakoue will get paid a lot whether by the Jags or someone else, he is a guy I think you can solidly expect to get 8-10 sacks. He isn't a top flight defensive end, he can't do all the things Clowney can do in the run game and dropping into coverage, disguising blitzes.... but he does give you sack production.

I'd rather look at the guys who are not giving you any serious production. I think Jamie Collins has shown once he is a very specific scheme fit who looked lost outside New England so he would be on my list. That said, my vote is for Derrick Henry. If he stays in Tennessee I can see him having a good year in 2020. If he goes elsewhere to a different scheme I think he will be massively overpaid and revert to his early career lack of production.

9 hours ago, Turk71 said:

What is a sizeable contract? Perriman is only 26, 6'2" 215 with 4.24 elite speed. That kind of size and speed is very rare and being 26 I think he is finally showing his talent and still has tremendous upside, if you watch his tape from this year he showed it. 

If he is paid like a slam dunk #1 wr (10 million plus) then I would agree he is a risk of not delivering. If he is paid as a yet unproven commodity with tremendous upside(5 to 8 mil)  I think he is well worth the risk.

I just think the sample size of him playing well is really small.  3 teams in 4 years doesn't look particularly promising either.  95 catches in 195 targets...

If I'm his agent i measure by guaranteed money and convince him to take the highest one, i dont know that he gets another chance if he doesn't do well on this deal.  

20 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yannick Ngakoe

Came here to say this. He's going to get elite money and he just isn't elite.

1 minute ago, somnus00 said:

Clowney... 

That was my 2nd answer.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

6 seasons, 32 sacks. Highest sack number was 9.5. He wants top 5 money?

He's been pretty clear about what he feels on his own self worth (and I'd say he's not just looking for top 5...he wants to be #1). I knew he had 8 sacks, but I didn't know that had him tied for 33rd in the league last season. 

• Like (+1) 1