Who is the biggest Fool’s Gold FA this year?

What pending FA this season will command a sizable contract and predictably not live up to it? 

Hard mode: No Jordan Phillips

My guess is Perriman. Really turned it up in the second half of the season and put up some good numbers with Jameis. I could see him getting a decent deal and never come close to delivering.

• Like (+1) 3

Phillips is a good choice.  I’ll say Conklin.  He’s going to get paid like a top flight RT and he’s not one.  The team that signs him is going to realize that he’s going to need a TE or RB to chip.  A lot.  You don’t have to pay top dollar for that.  

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Amari Cooper. Just don’t see him being a top 7 WR, but he’s gonna get paid like it.

The Cowboys got a lot better immediately after getting Cooper.  So I'm saying one of the other NFCE teams should grab him.  He's a good WR, maybe not top 7, but worth it to some other team for the added benefit of hurting the Cowboys.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Amari Cooper. Just don’t see him being a top 7 WR, but he’s gonna get paid like it.

I agree. He is a solid WR but not a gamebreaker.   He is not Julio, Hopkins, AJ, or AB.  Hell I'm not even sure he is Smith-Schuster  level.  He's probably a 8-12 ranking type of player who will get paid like he is top 3.  

• Like (+1) 1