Jaguars to decline DT Marcell Dareus' option

HOUSE

12 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Phillips played well for two years off the Miami scrap heap. He didn't complain and he's earned his payday. Why crap on him?

I was speaking about Dareus. sorry.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

I remember him giving his personal number out on twitter last year......... and I was drunk and left him a voicemail. Haha

that's seriously awesome : )

On 2/24/2020 at 4:33 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I would totally do it for league minimum.

Rex took a generational 3 tech and made him a plug and that was stupid

He could replace Phillips easily and at the 3 tech would probably be juiced up to play again

I have always thought Dareus has the best physical tools that I have ever seen from a DT. I think Dareus could out perform Phillips and I would be happy to see Dareus back. The guy has been through a lot in life and it would be amazing to see him play at the level I know he can play at.

• Haha (+1) 1

With all the $ that goes around every pro sports league, I honestly don’t blame any of these guys for cashing out while they can.

You will always have your “mercenary” in it for themselves types and you will have your “rah rah team first” company men types.  It’s up to the individual franchises to do their homework and determine who a person in before hiring them.

That said, I was happy with the Dareus pick when they made it, and even happier to get rid of him when it became abundantly apparent the type of person he is.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This thread is embarrassing.  “Fans” calling a guy a loser and saying he will end up homeless?  Best fans in the world huh?  For all the winners calling him a loser: how many of you got a scholarship to college?  How many of your was the Dpoy as your home state team won a national championship?  How many were top 5 picks?  How winners made the top 5% of their career field?  And then made millions of dollars?

now how many have had their mother, father, grandmother, mentor, and brother murdered before 27?  Dareus has done a bunch of stupid stuff and is far from a saint.  But it seems like there is a lot of stone throwing at a man none of you know personally.  You’re doing God’s work.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theundefeated.com/features/buffalo-bills-marcell-dareus-haiti/amp/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This thread is embarrassing.  “Fans” calling a guy a loser and saying he will end up homeless?  Best fans in the world huh?  For all the winners calling him a loser: how many of you got a scholarship to college?  How many of your was the Dpoy as your home state team won a national championship?  How many were top 5 picks?  How winners made the top 5% of their career field?  And then made millions of dollars?

now how many have had their mother, father, grandmother, mentor, and brother murdered before 27?  Dareus has done a bunch of stupid stuff and is far from a saint.  But it seems like there is a lot of stone throwing at a man none of you know personally.  You’re doing God’s work.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theundefeated.com/features/buffalo-bills-marcell-dareus-haiti/amp/

I get what you're going for, but it's a fan forum. This is like going to a strip club and complaining about the patrons not acting like good Christians. Things are going to embellished and people are going to say things in a more extreme manner than they likely really feel. 

Also, the idea that people can't criticize someone if they don't have the equivalent of success in their field that the person they are criticizing has in theirs is sort of a strange one. 

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I get what you're going for, but it's a fan forum. This is like going to a strip club and complaining about the patrons not acting like good Christians. Things are going to embellished and people are going to say things in a more extreme manner than they likely really feel. 

Also, the idea that people can't criticize someone if they don't have the equivalent of success in their field that the person they are criticizing has in theirs is sort of a strange one. 

But calling someone a “loser” and saying they will be homeless isn’t going overboard?  The funny thing is the fans that do this are the ones who cry when Sammy Watkins says something back to them.  

Good rule in life is to not say things to people you won’t say face to face.  And if you are, you probably should be more successful in your life than the loser you are criticizing. 

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Now's the time for all the people who complained that the Jaguars fleeced the Bills in the Dareus trade to show their faces.

Eh.  We traded him for Wyatt Teller. He significantly improved the Jags run defense.  They beat us in the playoffs and made a SB run.  Ultimately, he wasn’t worth the money but I think there are much better trades to put your chest about.  See McCoy for Kiko or Hughes for Shepard.  

34 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Eh.  We traded him for Wyatt Teller. He significantly improved the Jags run defense.  They beat us in the playoffs and made a SB run.  Ultimately, he wasn’t worth the money but I think there are much better trades to put your chest about.  See McCoy for Kiko or Hughes for Shepard.  

Let’s see what the 5th and 6th round picks we got from Cleveland for Teller turn out to be before calling it a done deal. Right now they represent the 138th and 169th picks in the upcoming draft. Never know, Beane might find a gem or use them to trade up to find one.

Edited by K-9

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But calling someone a “loser” and saying they will be homeless isn’t going overboard?  The funny thing is the fans that do this are the ones who cry when Sammy Watkins says something back to them.  

Good rule in life is to not say things to people you won’t say face to face.  And if you are, you probably should be more successful in your life than the loser you are criticizing. 

So like only Bill Gates can criticize Jess Bezos...well, that's a bold position. Also, before we can continue criticizing each other's argument here, we better determine which one of us is more successful in their field of work. 

Edited by jeremy2020

27 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Let’s see what the 5th and 6th round picks we got from Cleveland for Teller turn out to be before calling it a done deal. Right now they represent the 138th and 169th picks in the upcoming draft. Never know, Beane might find a gem or use them to trade up to find one.

That’s fair.  If we get Tom Brady with the pick, I will gladly say it was an amazing trade. 

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

So like only Bill Gates can criticize Jess Bezos...well, that's a bold position. Also, before we can continue criticizing each other's argument here, we better determine which one of us is more successful in their field of work. 

Successful people aren’t on message board calling people they don’t know losers. 

and I do well.  But I never boo’d another man or person I dont know.  It’s weird. 

On 2/24/2020 at 9:05 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He actually didn’t play bad last year and was one of the bright spots on their offense. They probably had to re sign him as well cause they don’t have anyone to replace him with lol

He played very well last year, true. 

He played well for the Bills in 2015-2016.  By 2017 he admitted he was out of shape and showed up to meetings drugged and stoned and his effectiveness fell off (the reason the Bills gave him a paycut).  Nothing there says to me "give this guy 2 yr $12.7M contract with $5M guaranteed" 

I'd want a bit of leverage in case he falls off the wagon or goes off his meds this off-season, myself.

36 minutes ago, K-9 said:

So I've asked this elsewhere, I'll ask it here: hypothetically, what kind of worth would extra 5th and 6th round picks really have in a trade-up?

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s fair.  If we get Tom Brady with the pick, I will gladly say it was an amazing trade. 

Tom Brady? Hell, I’ll settle for a player who’s just motivated to play for these coaches, teammates, and GM. Because he wasn’t his last season here. Not by a long shot.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He played very well last year, true. 

He played well for the Bills in 2015-2016.  By 2017 he admitted he was out of shape and showed up to meetings drugged and stoned and his effectiveness fell off (the reason the Bills gave him a paycut).  Nothing there says to me "give this guy 2 yr $12.7M contract with $5M guaranteed" 

I'd want a bit of leverage in case he falls off the wagon or goes off his meds this off-season, myself.

So I've asked this elsewhere, I'll ask it here: hypothetically, what kind of worth would extra 5th and 6th round picks really have in a trade-up?

If there’s a player they really like early in the fourth or late in the third, they can become valuable chips to make a move. 

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

If there’s a player they really like early in the fourth or late in the third, they can become valuable chips to make a move. 

K tnks

So you think someone would swap our late-round 4th for an earlier 4th if we toss in what? 

Move up from late round 4th back into late 3rd for what?

Just trying to get a feel for what the value of these extra 5th and 6th round picks would really be.

Edit: the picks in question

image.thumb.png.baa528d2fe9032e43810203e20d8fb0e.png

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So you think someone would swap our late-round 4th for an earlier 4th if we toss in what? 

Move up from late round 4th back into late 3rd for what?

Just trying to get a feel for what the value of these extra 5th and 6th round picks would really be.

For what? For whatever player they may value enough to make that deal to move to that spot, whatever it is. I could consult the draft value chart for a more definitive formulaic breakdown, but that’s not necessary. The point is, those picks can be used to maneuver if the Bills feel it worth while to do so. I’m not saying it’s enough to go up very high, but if they really like a player still on the board at some point, they can be used as capital. 

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Successful people aren’t on message board calling people they don’t know losers. 

and I do well.  But I never boo’d another man or person I dont know.  It’s weird. 

I'm sure any and all success stems from your inability to criticize others more successful than you.