Jaguars to decline DT Marcell Dareus' option

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Also his play has regressed the last two years in Jacksonville, he’s not playing at a high level anymore. That defense had a shot to go to the super bowl in 17 and they got killed by bad QB play from Bortles 

Unreal how bad they regressed. Also feel Telvin Smith semi retiring was a big part. Dude is that good 

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Also his play has regressed the last two years in Jacksonville, he’s not playing at a high level anymore. That defense had a shot to go to the super bowl in 17 and they got killed by bad QB play from Bortles 

Not sure if you remember that game correctly. 10 point lead on the Pats in the 4th. Leo Fournette averaged like 1 YPC in the 4th Q. Defense let up 14 to Brady in the fourth.

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

In theory based on talent and scheme fit ? Sure
 But no. he might ruin Oliver, who has already spent too much time with "pay me" J Phillips

yep. fair prediction

Possibly.

I see your point.

But he already has the all the monies. What becomes his motivator ?

How was or is this called for? Dudes balled out and might play for us still. Youre mad that he..... had a good contract year? After a good year with us last year???

6 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t think he ever wants to come back to Buffalo. I remember he didn’t have nice things to say about us and the coaching staff after he got traded, I think he said he felt betrayed or something to that degree

Not to mention the outstanding warrants.

6 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

In theory based on talent and scheme fit ? Sure
 But no. he might ruin Oliver, who has already spent too much time with "pay me" J Phillips

Phillips played well for two years off the Miami scrap heap. He didn't complain and he's earned his payday. Why crap on him?

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t think he ever wants to come back to Buffalo. I remember he didn’t have nice things to say about us and the coaching staff after he got traded, I think he said he felt betrayed or something to that degree

HE FELT BETRAYED. Every Bills fan, every Bills season ticket holder was  betrayed by this piece of work. We held his little hand to get him through a crisis paid him for a future he promised and then he did nothing except smoke weed and ate munchies. HE BETRAYED THE BILLS AND THE FANS.

• Like (+1) 2

On the serious side, what's a guy like this even worth?

Obviously, someone will pay him more than league minimum but how much? 

I wouldn't want him at any price. He's always had low motivation and I believe achieved largely due to his physical prowess that has since faded.