Jaguars to decline DT Marcell Dareus' option

Image result for Marcell Dareus

facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  email_icon.svg  

• By Jelani Scott NFL.com
  • Published: Feb. 24, 2020 at 12:06 p.m.
  • Updated: Feb. 24, 2020 at 02:50 p.m.

Marcell Dareus' time with the Jacksonville Jaguars has presumably come to an end.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the Jags intend to decline the defensive tackle's $19.5 million option. Jacksonville had until Feb. 25 to make the decision.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102813/article/roundup-jaguars-to-decline-dt-marcell-dareus-option

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, HOUSE said:

Not even for the league minimum...lol

I would totally do it for league minimum.

Rex took a generational 3 tech and made him a plug and that was stupid

He could replace Phillips easily and at the 3 tech would probably be juiced up to play again

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I would totally do it for league minimum.

Rex took a generational 3 tech and made him a plug and that was stupid

He could replace Phillips easily and at the 3 tech would probably be juiced up to play again

I don’t think he ever wants to come back to Buffalo. I remember he didn’t have nice things to say about us and the coaching staff after he got traded, I think he said he felt betrayed or something to that degree

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t think he ever wants to come back to Buffalo. I remember he didn’t have nice things to say about us and the coaching staff after he got traded, I think he said he felt betrayed or something to that degree

He cried after he was traded and said Buffalo was the only place that was ever home outside Alabama

He loved it here

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

OK, league minimum but buy the guy a watch

And CBD gummies that don't test positive

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

He cried after he was traded and said Buffalo was the only place that was ever home outside Alabama

He loved it here

Yeah but I don’t think he’s welcome back, I for one was happy to see him leave, idc what anyone says the fact is after he got paid he phoned it in and stopped giving a ***** also he said he couldn’t wait to get revenge when we played against him in the playoffs in 17. That I remember and he was still being a baby about being traded 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Image result for Marcell Dareus

facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  email_icon.svg  

• By Jelani Scott NFL.com
  • Published: Feb. 24, 2020 at 12:06 p.m.
  • Updated: Feb. 24, 2020 at 02:50 p.m.

Marcell Dareus' time with the Jacksonville Jaguars has presumably come to an end.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the Jags intend to decline the defensive tackle's $19.5 million option. Jacksonville had until Feb. 25 to make the decision.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102813/article/roundup-jaguars-to-decline-dt-marcell-dareus-option

It's pretty much the move that everyone knows they've gotta make, and no one was gonna trade for him with that contract.

Yeah but I don’t think he’s welcome back, I for one was happy to see him leave, idc what anyone says the fact is after he got paid he phoned it in and stopped giving a *****

He was changed from 3 tech attacker to a 0tech plug

The worst statistical position in football

He was my favorite player for a long time. Even when he 'mailed it in" watch him take doubles without giving a foot, and shed and make the stop

He was unlockable 1 on 1

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

He was changed from 3 tech attacker to a 0tech plug

The worst statistical position in football

He was my favorite player for a long time. Even when he 'mailed it in" watch him take doubles without giving a foot, and shed and make the stop

He was unlockable 1 on 1

Always got into trouble with the law, got suspended multiple times, got

caught with drugs. He was a head case that had a on and off switch. He wasn’t worth what we were paying him, no matter what scheme he played under

• Thank you (+1) 1

Always got into trouble with the law, got suspended multiple times, got

caught with drugs. He was a head case that had a on and off switch. He wasn’t worth what we were paying him, no matter what scheme he played under

That's a fairer assessment

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's a fairer assessment

Don’t get me wrong I liked the guy in the beginning before all the problems started coming about. Then after the problems arose I wanted him off the team, same with Lynch, despite his talents he wasn’t worth the headache and the Bills backed him up and gave him several chances and he pissed them all away just like lynch did

I’d take him cheap to replace Phillips. He can be a rotational 3 technique and be effective. 

It’s all about risk/reward. Anyone talking about his contract or off the field issues is missing the point. He’s not coming here as a high-priced star. He’d be a “buy-low” high upside piece. He’d rotate in on the DL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1