Go after Amari Cooper?

16 minutes ago, Billl said:

This place is bi-polar.  On the one hand, everyone wants to blame lack of offensive production on the WRs.  On the other hand, nobody wants to spend a high draft pick on one, nor do they want to sign a number 1 in FA.  Everyone wants the juice, but nobody thinks it's worth the squeeze.

I'll squeeze that lemon till the juice runs down my leg...........

Image result for robert plant pics

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Billl said:

This place is bi-polar.  On the one hand, everyone wants to blame lack of offensive production on the WRs.  On the other hand, nobody wants to spend a high draft pick on one, nor do they want to sign a number 1 in FA.  Everyone wants the juice, but nobody thinks it's worth the squeeze.

I suggest getting one of the best pass catchers in FA, and neither one is a WR.  TE  Hunter or Hooper! 

I think the draft has a lot of WR's who could be game-breakers in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.  Look at Golladay was 3rd round pick.  

I don’t like him much.. He’d be a number 1 but he doesn’t seem to be able to dominate when you need him. Dallas was a train wreck this year and Amari was nowhere to be found for games at a time. I’m not against him coming here, but I am against paying him big bucks the next 5 years. I’d rather a 2 year contract or easy outs after two seasons

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

That's like saying "She's my hottest cousin"

I actually have a couple hot cousins.

I get what you're saying, Dr. D.  But he is the kind of receiver I'd like to see here, PLUS he has some chemistry with Beasley, which couldn't hurt.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Would love to have someone like Amari, but he's pretty much already said he's not interested in playing for Buffalo even if they offer more money than everyone else.

This.

29 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I actually have a couple hot cousins.

I get what you're saying, Dr. D.  But he is the kind of receiver I'd like to see here, PLUS he has some chemistry with Beasley, which couldn't hurt.

Chemistry with Beasley - but what if it's "bad Chemistry"?  Beasley did move on after Cooper came to town, despite what was then his 2nd best career yards.

Now could be all on Dallas side, and nothing against Cooper but if I were Beasley and Cooper showed up in B'lo, I be like "Man!  Again?  I Go To Hell, will he follow me there too?"

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

HARD PASS.

Cooper drops a lot passes...Bills already led league in dropped passes.

Cooper puts up a few monster games a year to make his year totals look good, but the bulk of his games are meh.

• This year, only broke 100 yards just 4 times.
  • Had 7 games under 50 yards.

And this was one of his better years.  He is a good player, but he is just to inconsistent for the contract he is looking for.    

Not for nothing but I didn't drop a single pass last year, haven't drawn a holding flag in decades and my salary couldn't be more cap friendly. Whaddaya say, want to kick my tires?

32 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t like him much.. He’d be a number 1 but he doesn’t seem to be able to dominate when you need him. Dallas was a train wreck this year and Amari was nowhere to be found for games at a time. I’m not against him coming here, but I am against paying him big bucks the next 5 years. I’d rather a 2 year contract or easy outs after two seasons

But is that all Coopers fault or is it due to the fact that Presscott wasn’t looking his way much and the fact that Dak was struggling most of the season 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This.

Chemistry with Beasley - but what if it's "bad Chemistry"?  Beasley did move on after Cooper came to town.

I think there was a lack of chemistry between him and Prescott.  I don’t know if there’s bad blood between him and cooper

36 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Really - Hunter and Hooper are some of best pass catchers in the NFL.  Please describe where they rank with all the WRs, RBs and TEs.

Hunter has in injury problem

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

1 hour ago, Billl said:

I see your point.  I think most people would say that they want a very good free agent that isn't over-priced and over-hyped ( Cooper ) to improve the team in 2020.  They would also say the they want to draft a really good wide receiver with a pick that provides good value for the longer term (not over-drafting a guy ).  In summary, most want a free agent that can play immediately and a draftee that will become the #1 guy sooner rather than later.  The problem as I see it is that too may people latch on to the hype and those are the only players that they want the Bills to get.  Fortunately, Beane and company won't be impressed by the hype and will improve the team without a journey back into cap hell.

https://theathletic.com/1569231/2020/01/29/are-the-bills-shaking-the-siberian-stigma-it-depends-what-matters-to-nfl-players-in-free-agency/ (sub. req.)

Buffalo needs another playmaking receiver. Cooper caught 79 passes for 1,189 yards and eight touchdowns with the Dallas Cowboys. Pro Football Focus ranks him the top 2020 free agent at any position. NFL.com has him third. ESPN lists him 13th.

“Location, location, location,” Cooper said when asked his impression of Buffalo as a free-agent destination. “If I had to sum it up in three words, that’s what they would be.”

What about money, money, money?

“I don’t think it’s all about money,” Cooper said. “Most players in the NFL, and if you’re a highly touted free agent, you’re going to get paid a lot of money no matter where you go. So is it worth it to go somewhere you don’t want to go?”

“You might be a guy like me, who is from South Florida and has never played a game in the snow. Is it worth $1 million more a year or $2 million more a year, especially if you’ve been taking care of your money? Is it worth that to be in an environment you don’t want to be in? Or would you rather stay somewhere in the South?”

I don’t think he’s coming here.

• Like (+1) 1

Yah he would but he in so many words said he doesn't want to play for a cold weather team & seeing as he played for the boys i would imagine he heard a ton of bad stuff about Buffalo so i don't think he would even consider coming here, of coarse $$ talks & BS walks so i guess if they offered him enough he might but i don't think Beane would offer the kind of money he would want !

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I will post this every time a Cooper thread gets made (and this is my 4th time posting this)

Drops per target would matter more as a stat. Dude sees 100+ targets per year. 

Yards per target would suggest that Cooper is doing okay in the drops category. Tenth in the NFL last year. 3rd in recievers with over 100 targets. That’s pretty elite.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the man doesn't have the 'man parts' to play in the snow, the dude is a 'lady parts'.

I've watched him play while in Dallas.  The dude sucks.  I hope Dallas signs him to 18-20 a year.  Disappears when you need your #1 to step up the most.

*Different topic* Also, like others said, the deep WR draft class will have some impact on the free agent market.  There will probably be a couple that makes a lot of money, but if Beane holds out a little while, I bet we could get a good mid-range #2 WR or better for a very reasonable price.

3 hours ago, Hardhatharry said:

But will Beane pick the right WR?

Is Cooper the right receiver? Is water really wet? What about sars or the flu?

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's like saying "She's my hottest cousin"

I have no problem with her being your cousin.

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Sometimes these things work themselves out. Hopefully we get our Juice elsewhere.