Go after Amari Cooper?

I think Cooper would definitely help Allen elevate his play more, I understand fans frustration with Cooper as he can disappear in some games but I don’t necessarily think that’s all his fault I think it’s due to the QBs he played with, presscott leans on Elliot to help him out and Derek Carr cant read defenses to save his life and has been already deemed a bust by Raider fans. I think Josh could be what Cooper needs in a QB and Cooper is what Josh needs in a number 1 receiver, thoughts ?

HARD PASS.

Cooper drops a lot passes...Bills already led league in dropped passes.

Cooper puts up a few monster games a year to make his year totals look good, but the bulk of his games are meh.

• This year, only broke 100 yards just 4 times.
  • Had 7 games under 50 yards.

And this was one of his better years.  He is a good player, but he is just to inconsistent for the contract he is looking for.    

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

There is an unwritten rule here that you can't start a new thread until you come to a final consensus on whether we should have drafted Rosen.

Rule #2) AJ Green was not mentioned in your WR thread above.  You must include AJ Green in any WR thread.

LOL I’m glad we drafted Allen as I wanted Allen to begin with. I was just curious on everyone else’s opinion is about Allen now. And 2nd I don’t want Green, he hasn’t played a full season in a couple of years and is on the wrong side of 30 and is injury prone

8 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Would love to have someone like Amari, but he's pretty much already said he's not interested in playing for Buffalo even if they offer more money than everyone else.

When did he say that? Also money talks at the end

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Pay 20 mill a year for a WR who disappears in big games when this years WR class is the deepest in recent memory?

Thank God Beane is the GM.

Not that I’m stumping for Cooper here, but this just isn’t correct.

In his last 2 playoff games, Cooper has 13 receptions for 170 yards and a TD.

Also, what does the draft have to do with FA? If the GM is smart, he’s not drafting to fill needs. Fill needs in FA so that you can draft elite talent at difference-making positions.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

LOL I’m glad we drafted Allen as I wanted Allen to begin with. I was just curious on everyone else’s opinion is about Allen now. And 2nd I don’t want Green, he hasn’t played a full season in a couple of years and is on the wrong side of 30 and is injury prone

When did he say that? Also money talks at the end

He was quoted in an article on The Athletic when asked about Buffalo saying something along the lines of "At the end of the day, no matter where I go I'm going to be paid a ton of money. I like living in the South, so if I'm getting a ton of money anyways, why would I take a few million more a year to play up North?"

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Like DT?

*snerk*

Sorry, just had to. :P

I know you jest, but...

If it’s a DT that looks like he can be an elite pass rusher, then yes, absolutely.

I mean, I’d happily spend a 1st on the next Aaron Donald—and I’m hopeful that that’s what they did last year.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I know you jest, but...

If it’s a DT that looks like he can be an elite pass rusher, then yes, absolutely.

I mean, I’d happily spend a 1st on the next Aaron Donald—and I’m hopeful that that’s what they did last year.

I wish I shared your hopefulness. I really do. :(

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Not that I’m stumping for Cooper here, but this just isn’t correct.

In his last 2 playoff games, Cooper has 13 receptions for 170 yards and a TD.

Also, what does the draft have to do with FA? If the GM is smart, he’s not drafting to fill needs. Fill needs in FA so that you can draft elite talent at difference-making positions.

I guess what I meant to say is that Cooper disappears for stretches, maybe not necessarily in big games.

This place is bi-polar.  On the one hand, everyone wants to blame lack of offensive production on the WRs.  On the other hand, nobody wants to spend a high draft pick on one, nor do they want to sign a number 1 in FA.  Everyone wants the juice, but nobody thinks it's worth the squeeze.

6 minutes ago, Billl said:

This place is bi-polar.  On the one hand, everyone wants to blame lack of offensive production on the WRs.  On the other hand, nobody wants to spend a high draft pick on one, nor do they want to sign a number 1 in FA.  Everyone wants the juice, but nobody thinks it's worth the squeeze.

I think the decisions we make this year concerning WR and TE are among the most important in the last 2 decades.  Cooper isn't one of the best WR's in the NFL and he's going to get paid like one.  It's a tough call to show interest.  The draft is also a challenge because there's such a high failure rate - however this has to be done this year and there's no question about that.  

I've been saying for many years that WR is the most difficult position to acquire.