How would you guys have felt if we had took Rosen instead of Allen

3 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Never liked Rosen.  I thought he was a head case and didn't want that.

Now, after seeing what he has gone though, I feel bad for the guy. 

He got a crap offensive line in Arizona and thrown to the wolves.  Then, he gets traded to "Tank for Tua" Miami where they went w/ Fitzmagic over him.

He's probably damaged good by now, who knows how he could have done behind a decent Oline. 

If I’m a team with an aging QB I’d consider trading a 5th for him as a reclamation project and see if he can quietly improve and be a bridge QB down the road. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Was wondering what your guys reaction would’ve been if we had taken Rosen instead of Allen. I love Allen and was very happy that we took him, never liked Rosen in college  as he reminded me too much of Cutler and Jeff George without the rocket arm. I think personally it would’ve set us back if we’d made that move. Thoughts??

Shirley, you jest.  

We got the right Josh  IMO  

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

If I’m a team with an aging QB I’d consider trading a 5th for him as a reclamation project and see if he can quietly improve and be a bridge QB down the road. 

There is obvious potent with him.  I think it will just come down to if he really gets a shot.

I personally think Dallas should trade Dak to Miami for 2 first rounds picks and Josh Rosen.  Then dallas can get a journeyman for next year, draft another qb in this class and see which one pans out behind the veteran QB.

Dak is asking for crazy money for a glorified busdriver, IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Real question is:  Why are we still talking about next years XFL QB in Rosen?  He was never close to being a Bill even.  Beane didn’t even have him on his board.  

Whoa! Rosen wasn't on Beane's board?  Interesting...

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Real question is:  Why are we still talking about next years XFL QB in Rosen?  He was never close to being a Bill even.  Beane didn’t even have him on his board.  

Well per the photo of the whiteboard, he was on the board, but it looks like he wasn't in the first round.  They were willing to trade up to Den at #5 (for #12, 22 & 53) to get

1> Allen

2> Darnald

3> Mayfield

But Rosen was their first runner-up at #4 but not on a tradup to #5.  Which of course didn't happen since Denver got their player to fall to them and we had to trade at 7.

LAMAR JACKSON was the one not on their board as we had just gotten rid of Tyrod Taylor.

#4 Rosen

#5 Okl. St. Lamotta?

#6 Richmond 

Edited by Mark Long Beach
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Long Beach said:

Well per the photo of the whiteboard, he was on the board, but it looks like he wasn't in the first round.  They were willing to trade up to Den at #5 (for #12, 22 & 53) to get

1> Allen

2> Darnald

3> Mayfield

But Rosen was their first runner-up at #4 but not on a tradup to #5.  Which of course didn't happen since Denver got their player to fall to them and we had to trade at 7.

That’s what I mean, Rosen was never in play for the Bills.  They were not taking him over any of the other guys who would be there.  And they were never passing in taking a QB in the first.  So Rosen was never close to being a Bill.

Why are we still talking about him?  He’s not even a relevant player.  

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Was wondering what your guys reaction would’ve been if we had taken Rosen instead of Allen. I love Allen and was very happy that we took him, never liked Rosen in college  as he reminded me too much of Cutler and Jeff George without the rocket arm. I think personally it would’ve set us back if we’d made that move. Thoughts??

I thought then and think now that Rosen will have the more fruitful professional career.

• Haha (+1) 1

I was never a fan of Rosen's, and I've been glad we didn't take him from the moment we didn't take him. That being said, IMO, Rosen is still an unknown commodity, as far as his NFL career is concerned. I can't remember another QB having been set up to fail to the degree Rosen has been.

47 minutes ago, T master said:

He was the one i had hoped the Bills would take only because of his college career & that goes to show you why a fan should never be allowed to choose players on a NFL roster .

That being said we all have seen what changing coaches & offensive schemes can do for the development of a young NFL QB it just doesn't work ! The Bills due to some of the same type of things Rosen has had to endure have had their fair share of young QB's that may have done better with a bit more stability but didn't because of change .

Losmen, EJ, just to name a few maybe could have had better NFL careers with ore stability around them (oh & a attitude adjustment) for the one !! 

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t remember Losman having an attitude problem. I remember he really loved Buffalo and even showed by buying a house there and living in Buffalo during his time with the Bills, EJ definitely had an attitude problem and was not a team guy

When McDermott took over, Allen was the QB he wanted in the 2018 draft.

He passed on Mahomes in 2017 because he wanted Allen in 2018.

Rosen was NEVER on McBeane's (once Beane came aboard) mind.

Allen was number one and Darnold was number two.

Now the Bills need to complete the offensive process with this offseason and make Allen's job, FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE, not to be a one man gang.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

More of curiosity than anything, wanted to know what some fans reactions are now as opposed to last year, I know some Fans weren’t happy we took Allen over Rosen, hence the whole we took the wrong josh lol

I am open that I was a “Wrong Josh”er.  

I also thought the whole starting QB/OL/WR situation was pretty badly mishandled in 2018 offseason and it’s a major reason why I still have “???” In my mind about ultimately how successful McDermott and Beane will be.  Beane seemed to be expecting Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio performance on a “Two Buck Chuck” budget.

I decided we got the “right Josh” after watching them both play in the last handful of 2018 games.  They were both playing under tough circumstances, but one was clearly a gamer and rallying the team to raise their game while improving somewhat himself, while the other appeared to inspire no one and to be regressing.

• Like (+1) 2