How would you guys have felt if we had took Rosen instead of Allen

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Let me break this down slowly for you:  would rather play with the #2 defense that gives up 16 point/ game?  Or would you want to play with Miami’s last ranked defense which gave up 31 points/ game?  The less points your team allows, the easier it is to win.

for instance, if Mahomes didn’t play with a defense That gave up 26/ points a game in 2018, he has 2 rings.  He “lost” a game where his offense scored 51 points!  Allen has rarely had to win a game where the defense gives up 20 points. 

So you judge QBs by their wins, then? 

Because I seem to have read a novel's worth of complaining from your account re: Allen's stats.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Not as much pressure to win the game on their own to start. It’s a lot easier to settle down and run your offense and take what the D gives you when your D isn’t allowing 30 ppg.

Down 14 in the 4th Q and down 4 in the 4th Q are much different animals.

I pointed this out before but Mark Sanchez had 5 game winning drives one year.  He sucks but because he was with a good defense, he had more chances for comebacks.  

Just now, GoBills808 said:

So you judge QBs by their wins, then? 

Because I seem to have read a novel's worth of complaining from your account re: Allen's stats.

I have no idea what you’re saying.  You are very emotional defending Allen.  He plays with a really good defense where he rarely has to score more than 20 points to win a game.  That is great for a young qb because it’s not on them to win the game.  What Allen does here is a miles times different than Mahomes in his MVP season where he had to score 30+ because his defense sucks. Miami gave up 31 points a game this year.  It was an awful, awful, awful situation. 

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I pointed this out before but Mark Sanchez had 5 game winning drives one year.  He sucks but because he was with a good defense, he had more chances for comebacks.  

I have no idea what you’re saying.  You are very emotional defending Allen.  He plays with a really good defense where he rarely has to score more than 20 points to win a game.  That is great for a young qb because it’s not on them to win the game.  What Allen does here is a miles times different than Mahomes in his MVP season where he had to score 30+ because his defense sucks. Miami gave up 31 points a game this year.  It was an awful, awful, awful situation. 

Yes I am completely emotional asking you questions you cannot answer while bemoaning the unfortunate circumstances of poor Rosen.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

The Bills leak had Rosen ranked as their number 4 QB. You could argue based on their picture, they didn’t plan on trading up to #5 to draft Rosen but to suggest they wouldn’t have picked him in the first is a stretch. 

Allen was the #1 QB on their board overall.  So with Rosen 4th...how do you figure Rosen was in their plans to draft in the first?  He wasn't an option.  

He was not a Bill.  He was not close to becoming a Bill.  Why are we still talking about a guy whose soon to be in the XFL that literally has NO connection to Buffalo on any level other than fans misguided imagining of him being good on draft night?

Edited by Alphadawg7

47 minutes ago, Virgil said:

YOU DARE DISRESPECT ME BY DISAGREEING WITH ME!?

Consider yourself banned from my treehouse

What if I bring vintage playboys to the treehouse and punch your rich narcissistic brother in his mouth?  I could also show you my Randy Jackson autographed Samurai sword and do lots of activities together after like karate in the garage

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What if I bring vintage playboys to the treehouse and punch your rich narcissistic brother in his mouth?  I could also show you my Randy Jackson autographed Samurai sword and do lots of activities together after like karate in the garage

Did we just become best friends?!

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Allen was the #1 QB on their board overall.  So with Rosen 4th...how do you figure Rosen was in their plans to draft in the first?  He wasn't an option.  

He was not a Bill.  He was not close to becoming a Bill.  Why are we still talking about a guy whose soon to be in the XFL that literally has NO connection to Buffalo on any level other than fans misguided imagining of him being good on draft night?

What! Just because Allen was their #1 QB has zero bearing on if they had a first round grade on Rosen (I’m sure they did) and if they would take him in the first round if their top 3 QBs were off the board (I’m sure they would).

Are you trolling?

22 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

What! Just because Allen was their #1 QB has zero bearing on if they had a first round grade on Rosen (I’m sure they did) and if they would take him in the first round if their top 3 QBs were off the board (I’m sure they would).

Are you trolling?

"If they had a first round grade"; "I'm sure they did"; "I'm sure they would".  

Are you the king of conjecture?

25 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Are you trolling?

How can you still be missing my point?  At no point ever was Rosen almost a Bill.  Being available in no way put him close to becoming a Bill.  

So I ask again, why on Earth do people still talk here on TSW about this soon to be XFL QB as if he has any ties to the Bills?  He doesn’t.  Never did.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

Honestly, no idea.  I wanted Rosen but that’s why I’m not a GM.  

I wonder if Rosen’s performance would have been any better if there was an actual plan for him.   His situation has been the worst of any rookie QB’s. I wonder how Allen would have fared in the same situation.  

IMO Allen was placed in as bad or even worse position then Rosen.  I'm not sure why a number of posts on this thread are saying Rosen came into a worse situation then Allen. 

Rosen got more reps with the Cards first team in training camp and the preseason then Allen did and the offensive talent around Rosen was as good and maybe a bit better then what the Bills put around Allen.  Bottom line is that while I like Beane & McD, the Bills organization did not distinguish itself in its handling of Allen then the Cards did in their handling of Rosen.

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

What if we took Jackson over Rosen? Same response?

If we or any team other then Baltimore and maybe SF had taken Jackson they very well could be looking for a new QB. 

Jackson would have struggled in a conventional offense.  I give full credit to the Ravens organization for going all in on Lamar.  I doubt McD & Dabold would have done the same with Jackson.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How can you still be missing my point?  At no point ever was Rosen almost a Bill.  Being available in no way put him close to becoming a Bill.  

So I ask again, why on Earth do people still talk here on TSW about this soon to be XFL QB as if he has any ties to the Bills?  He doesn’t.  Never did.  

If Allen or Darnold were drafted by the Giants or Broncos, Rosen would have been a Bill.

28 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

"If they had a first round grade"; "I'm sure they did"; "I'm sure they would".  

Are you the king of conjecture?

Yes, it’s unsupported conjecture that a universal top 4 QB prospect in the best QB draft in a decade probably had a first round grade by multiple teams, including the one that drafted him in the top 12.

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

If Allen or Darnold were drafted by the Giants or Broncos, Rosen would have been a Bill.

Yes, it’s unsupported conjecture that a universal top 4 QB prospect in the best QB draft in a decade probably had a first round grade by multiple teams, including the one that drafted him in the top 12.

If we had drafted Tom Brady we would have...

I mean come on.  At no point was Rosen ever close to a Bill.  Allen was their number one target overall and he was not drafted by someone else.  End of story.  Rosen never got close to being a Bill other than disappointed fans who assumed he would be the pick but was never actually at any moment in consideration to be a Bill.  

FYI:  Denver was never taking a QB.  Was going to trade the 5th pick to the Bills unless their guy fell, who was not a QB.  Clearly Bills were aware of this given a deal was already in place.  

Again, there is no reality where Rosen was almost a Bills or even consideration to be the pick.  

Can we move on from this fringe XFL QB already who has no ties to this organization other than premature outrage by fans who thought he was a better prospect at the time?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If we had drafted Tom Brady we would have...

I mean come on.  At no point was Rosen ever close to a Bill.  Allen was their number one target overall and he was not drafted by someone else.  End of story.  Rosen never got close to being a Bill other than disappointed fans who assumed he would be the pick but was never actually at any moment in consideration to be a Bill.  

FYI:  Denver was never taking a QB.  Was going to trade the 5th pick to the Bills unless their guy fell, who was not a QB.  Clearly Bills were aware of this given a deal was already in place.  

Again, there is no reality where Rosen was almost a Bills or even consideration to be the pick.  

Can we move on from this fringe XFL QB already who has no ties to this organization other than premature outrage by fans who thought he was a better prospect at the time?

He was in consideration to be a Bill when he was ranked on their board. 

Sorry dude. No one is making you make wrong statements about Rosen, feel free to Alt-F4.

Edited by BringBackOrton