How would you guys have felt if we had took Rosen instead of Allen

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

More of curiosity than anything, wanted to know what some fans reactions are now as opposed to last year, I know some Fans weren’t happy we took Allen over Rosen, hence the whole we took the wrong josh lol

Some fans are idiots

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Honestly, no idea.  I wanted Rosen but that’s why I’m not a GM.  

I wonder if Rosen’s performance would have been any better if there was an actual plan for him.   His situation has been the worst of any rookie QB’s. I wonder how Allen would have fared in the same situation.  

I think Allen would’ve made Arizona more competitive than Rosen. Rosen would’ve gotten creamed behind our line back in 18. Allen’s ability to pass and run is what saved us and kept us in most games last year. His best last year was against Minnesota, Allen also got better down line and showed more promise where as Rosen statistically regressed last year. I think Allen had more fire and rallied his team up especially when the chips were down. Rosen put his head down and didn’t inspire anyone on his team. I think the team celebrated when they drafted Murray and traded Rosen away

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I have to disagree I feel Allen was more pro ready than Rosen was, Allen came from unknown school and didn’t have anyone to throw to while at Wyoming. Rosen had a bunch of talent as UCLA and struggled, Allen has better body language and is a far better leader than Rosen. Also the thing that’s killed Rosen is his inability to read a defense. I watched him plenty in Miami this year and he was beyond terrible. Fitz did more with less than Rosen did. Even Brian Flores Said Rosen wasn’t ready and criticized his play and body language in the pre season, For crying out loud he couldn’t even beat out Fitzpatrick in competition

Like I said, I can't personally speak to Rosen's pro readiness as I have not watched him a ton. I just don't think Allen was that pro ready. I just think his superior physical abilities have been an effective fall-back for him. And I think he is smart, humble, and driven, so he is making strides in his development.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Like I said, I can't personally speak to Rosen's pro readiness as I have not watched him a ton. I just don't think Allen was that pro ready. I just think his superior physical abilities have been an effective fall-back for him. And I think he is smart, humble, and driven, so he is making strides in his development.

I don’t know what it is but something about Rosens attitude rubs me the wrong way. Like all I see is Cutler and George without the big arm. Like he just doesn’t look motivated. Maybe being traded away damaged him a bit mentally or maybe he’s just mentally weak idk. I’m just glad we got Allen

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I wonder if Rosen’s performance would have been any better if there was an actual plan for him.   His situation has been the worst of any rookie QB’s. I wonder how Allen would have fared in the same situation.  

I mean was it really? 

The Jets, Browns and Bills all had shaky O lines, bad weapons and in the case of the browns and Jets (and ultimately AZ) had lame duck coaching staffs. In spite off all that, every other rookie QB showed some serious flashes of being keepers....except Rosen.

I think Rosen is just limited physically and not daring enough to be a good QB. He doesnt elevate those around him and his play is hardly inspiring. Watching his games in AZ reminded me of Trent. Just meh

AZ absolutely made the right call to cut bait 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

All I know is that we would have a poster on our board with the profile name, "Wrong Josh."  The only difference to today is that this alternative world poster would have been right.

Is this analogous to the ‘Kelvin timeline’ creation?  ?  What if ‘Wrong Josh’ was in reference to Josh Allen?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

well, this is an impossible question to answer really.  Where does Allen end up.  If he's in Miami, he likely is not as good as he is here.  In fact, Rosen probably looks better than Allen (I'd say Darnold level).  If he went to Arizona, that would be interesting because does the new regime keep him?  If so, he is prob lighting it up with the WR tools there.  Just impossible to tell.  Situation matters so much.  

But I will say this: I am very glad we have Allen.  Did not want him pre-draft due to his accuracy issues, which still plague him, but he compensates for it in other ways, and I expect the accuracy to improve once we have better receivers for him (a Hooper/Knox, combo with a great draft pick).  

Does accuracy improve with better pass catchers or is the result just more catches?

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I dont know...was it really different?  I mean cardinals went and invested a lot in getting Rosen, its not like they didnt go all in on him that first year.  Their roster wasn't much different than our roster that year offensively.  OL issues were similar, and Rosen had a better cast of weapons to use...wasnt great, but it was better than Bills offensive weapons that year.  

Cardinals didn't see enough in Rosen to stay the course.  Then in Miami, they quickly dismissed him too.  Something isnt right here...two teams with significant draft capital investments into him quickly gave up on him.  

Time to face the truth, he just isn't the guy some thought he would be.  Personally, I think it mostly stems from his lack of ability to be a leader, to command the team.  

• Like (+1) 2

I'll be truthfully honest here. I was so mad they picked Allen not Rosen that I left my brother in laws draft party within 20 minutes. I was team Rosen all day and Allen I was against big time. Truthfully I didn't truly become team Allen until the Miami game when Clay dropped the ball. I liked what he showed against MIN that was encouraging and the JAX game at least showed some heart and passion. But for me it all changed against Miami because he was the best player on the field for either team and couldn't be stopped. With better talent they would've won or just a TE who wasn't a moron. Anyway that game proved to me he could carry the team at QB something you have to be able to do if your gonna be the guy. I'm not sure what his ceiling is but he will be around for a while and win a lot which is good enough for me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Was wondering what your guys reaction would’ve been if we had taken Rosen instead of Allen. I love Allen and was very happy that we took him, never liked Rosen in college  as he reminded me too much of Cutler and Jeff George without the rocket arm. I think personally it would’ve set us back if we’d made that move. Thoughts??

I would feel the exact opposite of how I feel now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I dont know...was it really different?  I mean cardinals went and invested a lot in getting Rosen, its not like they didnt go all in on him that first year.  Their roster wasn't much different than our roster that year offensively.  OL issues were similar, and Rosen had a better cast of weapons to use...wasnt great, but it was better than Bills offensive weapons that year.  

Cardinals didn't see enough in Rosen to stay the course.  Then in Miami, they quickly dismissed him too.  Something isnt right here...two teams with significant draft capital investments into him quickly gave up on him.  

Time to face the truth, he just isn't the guy some thought he would be.  Personally, I think it mostly stems from his lack of ability to be a leader, to command the team.  

You are definitely right, I think Brian Flores said the exact same thing about Rosen, also heard neither Rosen or Flores get along. Also read the team doesn’t care for Rosen and pretty much begged the coaching staff and front office to put Fitzpatrick back in as they respected him and liked how he played

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Was wondering what your guys reaction would’ve been if we had taken Rosen instead of Allen. I love Allen and was very happy that we took him, never liked Rosen in college  as he reminded me too much of Cutler and Jeff George without the rocket arm. I think personally it would’ve set us back if we’d made that move. Thoughts??

They still would have said we got the wrong Josh, and that idiot guy who stopped writing b.c the Bills took Allen would still be writing 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Does accuracy improve with better pass catchers or is the result just more catches?

I guess I should say "completion percentage."   Some WR's are better catching slightly off-target balls than others and/or have a wider catch radius.  

I think both JA's accuracy will improve, and catchers who are better adept at catching balls that are a bit off will also help.  

• Like (+1) 1