How would you guys have felt if we had took Rosen instead of Allen

Was wondering what your guys reaction would’ve been if we had taken Rosen instead of Allen. I love Allen and was very happy that we took him, never liked Rosen in college  as he reminded me too much of Cutler and Jeff George without the rocket arm. I think personally it would’ve set us back if we’d made that move. Thoughts??

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaninATL said:

Is this a serious question?

More of curiosity than anything, wanted to know what some fans reactions are now as opposed to last year, I know some Fans weren’t happy we took Allen over Rosen, hence the whole we took the wrong josh lol

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

Wasn't mad we took Allen over Rosen, but at the time I thought we could have stayed put for Allen @ #13. I was wrong as the reports came out that other teams were prepared to take him before us @ #13. I didn't think Rosen would show as badly as he has thus far though. 

• Like (+1) 4

I would likely feel excited .. because we would have a new coach and be drafting a new QB as we would have been horrible and McDermott would I imagine have been fired. I was always excited when we started over because there was a chance. I would also be kicking myself because we missed out on Mahommes, and Watson, and that Josh Allen kid, but I would be hoping that our new QB would be able to finally change all of that.

So ... happy we went against the crowd and chose Allen over Rosen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

Wasn't mad we took Allen over Rosen, but at the time I thought we could have stayed put for Allen @ #13. I was wrong as the reports came out that other teams were prepared to take him before us @ #13. I didn't think Rosen would show as badly as he has thus far though. 

Yeah I think it was rumored that Arizona and and couple others were looking at Allen, can’t remember who the other teams were but I know Arizona really wanted him and afterwords they settled on Rosen cause they needed a QB desperately 

well, this is an impossible question to answer really.  Where does Allen end up.  If he's in Miami, he likely is not as good as he is here.  In fact, Rosen probably looks better than Allen (I'd say Darnold level).  If he went to Arizona, that would be interesting because does the new regime keep him?  If so, he is prob lighting it up with the WR tools there.  Just impossible to tell.  Situation matters so much.  

But I will say this: I am very glad we have Allen.  Did not want him pre-draft due to his accuracy issues, which still plague him, but he compensates for it in other ways, and I expect the accuracy to improve once we have better receivers for him (a Hooper/Knox, combo with a great draft pick).  

Gotta swallow my pride here. Thought Rosen was gonna be our guy leading up to the draft based on a lot of articles/film etc, and where I thought the other QB's would go. I truly didnt see us getting Allen. Thought trade up could be in play for Darnold/ Baker (whoever didnt go 1). With that being said I couldnt be happier. I knew very little about Allen but I can say confidently I wouldnt want any other QB from that draft class representing Buffalo. Allen is a class act who will give his all every play of every game. Hard to root against that. I would love for Allen to be the one to bring Buffalo the super bowl and win it. How could you not? Guy represents everything Buffalo is.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, bills8323 said:

Gotta swallow my pride here. Thought Rosen was gonna be our guy leading up to the draft based on a lot of articles/film etc, and where I thought the other QB's would go. I truly didnt see us getting Allen. Thought trade up could be in play for Darnold/ Baker (whoever didnt go 1). With that being said I couldnt be happier. I knew very little about Allen but I can say confidently I wouldnt want any other QB from that draft class representing Buffalo. Allen is a class act who will give his all every play of every game. Hard to root against that. I would love for Allen to be the one to bring Buffalo the super bowl and win it. How could you not? Guy represents everything Buffalo is.

Exactly, he reminds me a lot about Kelly. The toughness and competitiveness that he has reminds me of Kelly. Even some throws he makes as well. Is he perfect absolutely not but he is young and has a very high ceiling. One and only New York team

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I would have been pissed.  I told everyone Rosen was the worst of the top 6 QBs in that draft.  He has all of Cutler and Jeff George’s flaws without their arm talent.  

My board on draft night was Baker, Allen, Darnold, Lamar, Mason, Rosen.  Only guy I was willing to trade up for was Allen (Baker and Darnold were never going to be available in a trade up as it was obvious they were going 1 and 3).  

I also said, don’t mortgage too much in a trade.  Better to stay put and take Lamar than give you multiple firsts to go up into top 5.  So when Beane made the trade up to 7 I loved it as it got us his guy and the guy I wanted without trading both first round picks or any future ones.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

He was the one i had hoped the Bills would take only because of his college career & that goes to show you why a fan should never be allowed to choose players on a NFL roster .

That being said we all have seen what changing coaches & offensive schemes can do for the development of a young NFL QB it just doesn't work ! The Bills due to some of the same type of things Rosen has had to endure have had their fair share of young QB's that may have done better with a bit more stability but didn't because of change .

Losmen, EJ, just to name a few maybe could have had better NFL careers with ore stability around them (oh & a attitude adjustment) for the one !! 

• Like (+1) 1

Never liked Rosen.  I thought he was a head case and didn't want that.

Now, after seeing what he has gone though, I feel bad for the guy. 

He got a crap offensive line in Arizona and thrown to the wolves.  Then, he gets traded to "Tank for Tua" Miami where they went w/ Fitzmagic over him.

He's probably damaged good by now, who knows how he could have done behind a decent Oline.