Vosean Joseph, how to use him?

Don Otreply

12 hours ago, H2o said:

I think Joseph can be quality LB depth at least for us honestly. When he was at Florida he was either guessing right to make flash plays while knocking the snot out of people or he was guessing wrong and costing his defense. They said he freelanced a lot on the field @ Florida. He needs to learn to play within the system and be disciplined. If he can do that he can contribute in various ways. If he cannot I expect him to be released as early as this TC. 

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

was he supposed to freelance or was it a problem?

9 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I read somewhere that he was encouraged to freelance but it didn’t always work out, but he seemed to have his coaches blessing to do what he was doing. 

To all of these, yes. Todd Grantham is Florida’s DC under Dan Mullen. He instructs his ILBs to roam free, diagnose and attack. He doesn’t necessarily call a lot of blitzes, it just seems so because ILBs are routinely in the backfield based on their play recognition. At times Vosean guessed wrong. It happens. But he guessed right a lot of times, is FAST and he’s a real Thumper! Jmo, but it’s my belief the nefarious knee injury in the final PS game last year was the teams way of not letting him be exposed to waivers at cut down time. I doubt he’d have cleared and been signed to the practice squad. I feel he’s a tad undersized for LB -or he was when he came out. Hoping he’s been beefing up some. Our defense is likely going to look much different this year with Harry back & Shaq, JP, LoAl and possibly Murphy having played their last game here. He could be an exciting new cog in the wheel.