2020 NFL Combine

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Based off that list you could say round 1 WR.... I do see Murray, Gross Matos and Kinlaw... I don’t see is grabbing another rd 1 DT, I don’t see us grabbing Murray, plus I think Kinlaw and Murray go top 20. Gross Matos? Maybe.

I see WR round 1 ( of all those guys they grab the best guy on their list remaining),

round2-  Blacklock maybe slipping or a move up, and Jaylon Johnson who around a top 50-60 guy.

Round 3- RB Moss if still there or Akers.

Round 4 a guy like Throckmorton OG/OT who’s been slipping as of lately. See him going top 100, but who knows the Senior Bowl and the Combine has exposed him a bit.

Round 5, DT and Slot WR. 

Im definitely thinking 2 WRs though. 

All this depends on FA for sure.

They said Throck is going guard or center so i don't think we go after him unless we lose Spain.

7 hours ago, Locomark said:

I love how they interviewed Wirfs and Ruggs. They would have need some  wacky things to happen move anywhere near far enough to draft them.

Its not about drafting them. It's about having intelligence on in division rivals. They are likely Jets picks

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

I really hope Moss isn’t the guy we get to compliment Motor.  Give me speed please. Moss is not that

That’s all based on that list of course. I like JOSHUA Kelley RB UCLA. Kid was a stud at the Senior Bowl practices and had a huge game. Kid measured at 5’11” near 215 lbs and ran a 4.49.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, H2o said:

Simmons is crazy athletic. A 4.39u time is wow. 

Jeff Legwold  ESPN Senior Writer:

"It was the second-fastest 40 time for a linebacker at the combine since 2006, behind only Shaquem Griffin, who ran a 4.38 at the 2018 combine. Simmons, however, weighed in 11 pounds heavier and is 3⅝ inches taller than Griffin was at the combine."
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I never thought he was true EDGE. 

My view on Epenesa is he is a big end who plays the run well can slide inside on obvious pass down and will get you 5 sacks a year. If people are hoping for an explosive edge rusher then for me he is not it. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My view on Epenesa is he is a big end who plays the run well can slide inside on obvious pass down and will get you 5 sacks a year. If people are hoping for an explosive edge rusher then for me he is not it. 

He doesn’t have a R1 grade from me

He's got some flexibility as either a 5 or 7 tech, but he’s more of a complementary piece IMO.

12 hours ago, H2o said:

Simmons is crazy athletic. A 4.39u time is wow. 

There’s more to squeeze from him too—he’s making plays on athleticism and instinct now, but there’s times he looks like a man without a plan. Once he gets comfortable in a scheme and gets himself to the point where his technique is 2nd nature, he’s going to be special.

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He's a slightly slower version of Robert Ayers with more college production. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He doesn’t have a R1 grade from me

He's got some flexibility as either a 5 or 7 tech, but he’s more of a complementary piece IMO.

Nor me. At the moment I have Young (obviously) with a 1st and Chaisson with a borderline 1st/2nd. And I keep going back and forth on Chaisson. I don't think I am struggling with any other player in this class as much as him. I have now been back around a 3rd time on him. Conflicted. 

After that it Epenesa, Gross-Matos, Anae and your boy Greenard are all in a bit of a clump as mid to high 2nd round grades. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

That’s all based on that list of course. I like JOSHUA Kelley RB UCLA. Kid was a stud at the Senior Bowl practices and had a huge game. Kid measured at 5’11” near 215 lbs and ran a 4.49.

Another late round back that no one is talking about is Anthony McFarland out of Maryland. Similar size to Singletary but has that extra gear to take it to the house. 

Michigan left tackle Jon Runyan, who provides deeply technical insights into his opponents, said Epenesa was tied with Ohio State's Chase Young as the two toughest defenders he ever faced.

"A.J. exploits the weakness of what I play," Runyan said. "I'm a vertical setter, and the weakness of a vertical set is what A.J. loves to do: bull rush with a one-armed stab. He's able to catch me leaning a lot, catch me off guard. Early in the [2019 Michigan vs. Iowa] game, the first three or four drives, I wasn't really keying on his shoulders. He started running downhill, and I wasn't able to get my hips down and react to the bull rush."

Epenesa's workout results Saturday night, including a 5.04-second 40-yard dash with a 1.78-second 10-yard split (the split measures initial quickness, making it important for linemen) were not disastrous, but they were worrisome. Those are defensive tackle results, not elite edge-rusher results.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2878147-nfl-scouting-combine-notebook-did-aj-epenesa-crater-his-draft-stock?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral#slide1

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nor me. At the moment I have Young (obviously) with a 1st and Chaisson with a borderline 1st/2nd. And I keep going back and forth on Chaisson. I don't think I am struggling with any other player in this class as much as him. I have now been back around a 3rd time on him. Conflicted. 

After that it Epenesa, Gross-Matos, Anae and your boy Greenard are all in a bit of a clump as mid to high 2nd round grades. 

My R1 EDGE grades are Young, Chaisson, Baun, and Greenard.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Agreed.

I would rather just re-sign Shaq Lawson, who is exactly what you just described, but who already has 4 years of seasoning and who we already know fits in well with the locker room.

It would be completely illogical to me to let Lawson walk and then draft Epenesa. Spinning our wheels.

• Like (+1) 9

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Did you watch his lack of agility on the combine drills. It speaks to exactly what you say here. He certainly doesn’t have the Jerry bend. We don’t need another mediocre end to waste a high pick on IMO. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Agreed.

I would rather just re-sign Shaq Lawson, who is exactly what you just described, but who already has 4 years of seasoning and who we already know fits in well with the locker room.

It would be completely illogical to me to let Lawson walk and then draft Epenesa. Spinning our wheels.

The point is Lawson maybe hit the top of his game and if Epenesa it's at that level with chances to improve  then is a better option.

I see Epenesa as Justin Smith(Cin/SF) not explosive, but with enough ability to rush from any spot in the line, and obviously a good run stuffer(the comparison is exaggerated at the moment, but can't remember other player with those abilities)

• Like (+1) 1