2020 NFL Combine

YoloinOhio

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  I wouldn’t mind taking any of the 6 then grabbing WR rd 2.

happy to see leake run a 4.65?  That’s gotta hurt him no?

Yeah, I’m going to have to tear up the Leake report and start over. Something doesn’t add up between the on-tape speed and the timed speed.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Henry-mania. It's swept the nation, not just here.

I'm only taking Dillon if it's like 7th round or undrafted personally.

I wouldn’t go that far, but I do think that folks look at Singletary and think “he’s small, so we need a big guy”. Whereas I look at him and think “he can grind out tough yards and be a consistent workhorse, so we need a guy with some juice that is a threat to go the distance in every play”.

• Like (+1) 3

On 2/26/2020 at 8:01 PM, H2o said:

As have I my friend, as have I. The talk of moving him to TE is just talk imo. He's still gonna have a 36" vertical at least and I bet he runs between 4.5-4.55 in the 40. What he's gonna be is a problem for DB's. :thumbsup:

Claypool made me think of the guy that the Ravens drafted from Notre Dame.  I was surprised Boykins didn't have a bigger impact but, it was his rookie year

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I wouldn’t go that far, but I do think that folks look at Singletary and think “he’s small, so we need a big guy”. Whereas I look at him and think “he can grind out tough yards and be a consistent workhorse, so we need a guy with some juice that is a threat to go the distance in every play”.

Yeah, it's bizarre.  Devin runs with power we need to add some speed to compliment him.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I couldn't be much less interested in Dillon. He's pretty much only good for running in a straight line out of 22 personnel and similar groupings. Just isn't the kind of offense I want to be running and I don't think he'd really offer much value even on those plays.

If we're going to draft a RB, I want a guy that's either a versatile runner, a home run hitter, or a 3rd down back. Dillon is none of those things.

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

My word, this board has become obsessed with size.

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Henry-mania. It's swept the nation, not just here.

I'm only taking Dillon if it's like 7th round or undrafted personally.

What's wrong with wanting your team to draft a guy you already knew had size, has proven what he can do on the field running the football, and is showing excellent athletic ability even further at the combine? I can't speak for others, but I have been saying I wanted us to draft Dillon well before this. :thumbsup:

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Some people have Edwards-Helaire mocked to Buffalo.  With that 40 time, I don't see it.  He would be Devin Singletary II.  My definition of a complementary back does not equate to identical.  I want a guy who is either bigger or faster, if not both (AJ Dillon).

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DCOrange said:

I couldn't be much less interested in Dillon. He's pretty much only good for running in a straight line out of 22 personnel and similar groupings. Just isn't the kind of offense I want to be running and I don't think he'd really offer much value even on those plays.

If we're going to draft a RB, I want a guy that's either a versatile runner, a home run hitter, or a 3rd down back. Dillon is none of those things.

If he was going on day one I would feel your argument a lot stronger but if he doesn't go until the later rounds he's got plenty of talent. 

Just now, TigerJ said:

Some people have Edwards-Helaire mocked to Buffalo.  With that 40 time, I don't see it.  He would be Devin Singletary II.  My definition of a complementary back does not equate to identical.  I want a guy who is either bigger or faster, if not both (AJ Dillon).

The reason Edwards-Helaire would be a good compliment is because he's a weapon out of the backfield as a receiver while also being a good runner. Singletary hasn't really shown he can be a good receiver. If you intend to end up with someone like CEH, you're hopefully finding a home run hitter in free agency somewhere to pair with the two of them.

3 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Speed, speed and more speed. Did I say speed?

I still think the Bills are going to pick up a RB in FA instead of drafting one... I predict an offer sheet for a guy like Matt Breida from the Niners. I agree with those who say they need a fast guy to complement Devin. 

• Like (+1) 1