2020 NFL Combine

YoloinOhio

54 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I love the underwear Olympics hype. My favorite event is still the 10 yard split for DTs. That said, while we’ve seen some great feats of athleticism from the WRs, I doubt anyone’s 40 time, vertical, or broad jump is gonna move the needle much in the eyes of most teams. It’s all about how the athleticism displayed at the combine matches up with what they’ve put on video over the course of their careers. 

ME: The interviews and medicals are the most important part of the Combine!
ALSO ME: Chase Claypool did what?!?!?

Teams may revisit the film on some guys, good or bad reasons. But I agree there shouldn’t be huge movement as a result of the combine. I think movement in mock drafts between now and April tends to be more media catching up with what teams actually think.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Browns will be lucky if he makes it to 10 but he’s perfect for their scheme 

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Browns will be lucky if he makes it to 10 but he’s perfect for their scheme 

That’s even more crazy than Becton. Holy F!

They’ll both be gone, but if either Becton or Wirfs was there at 22, I’d be all over it. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wirfs had a higher vertical than Jeudy and Lamb 

That is just mind boggling for a man that size. If I’m Detroit and can’t get someone to move up for a QB, I’m taking him at 3 and happy as hell for the next 10 years.

2 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

No way he makes it to 22 now.  

I just put all my mocks in a burn barrel. It's no use now.  

I didn’t think he’d make it to 22, anyway, as I thought he was a top 10 lock, but man, talk about solidifying your position in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That is just mind boggling for a man that size. If I’m Detroit and can’t get someone to move up for a QB, I’m taking him at 3 and happy as hell for the next 10 years.

I didn’t think he’d make it to 22, anyway, as I thought he was a top 10 lock, but man, talk about solidifying your position in the draft.

Wirfs film vs Nick Bosa in 2017 (before Nick got ejected) was very strong and he can play on either side. He was playing on the right side A lot as i understand it because their other OT only felt comfortable on the left 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Few things on this:

- Lamb and Watkins are different prospects.  One has nothing to do with the other

- Not all of us were on board with giving up that much for Sammy Watkins or with him being better than other WRs in that draft.  I think that he got overhyped here simply because of  what was given up.  There were also real risks with him that were overlooked by the NFL draft hype machine and most fans.

- The Bills are in a much different position in 2020 than they were in 2014.  Six years ago they knew they had a lot of needs, including a franchise QB.  They sat in a spot in the draft where they knew they could get a difference maker. The trade up then was unnecessary and reckless. Today the team is much more complete, but it lacks difference makers on offense.  Other than Allen there’s no one that defenses really need to make big adjustments for.  Lots of good players, but no one who scares a defense.  The Bills can get another really good player at 22, but they’re outside the window for elite prospects (unlike 2014).  They can stay put and get another really good player or they can try to trade up for a guy that scares a defense and makes them scheme to stop him. 
- In 2021 where would you expect the Bills to be drafting?  If the bulk of what I’m giving up for Lamb is 22 and another late 1st, then sign me up.  That’s stealing. 

Regarding the 1st 2, obviously Lamb and Watkins are different players, but they're both Wide Receivers.  They very much have to do with each other in that respect.

Watkins was without a doubt the #1 WR prospect at the time of that draft--and again, this is without the benefit of hindsight.

Watkins was viewed as a surefire top 10 draft pick.  As much as we complain about the pick now, you were in an EXTREME minority if you were adamantly complaining on going up and getting him.  The insanely vast majority believed Watkins was one of those rare generational WRs you go up and get.

Lamb is not viewed in the same light.  I'm not saying he won't be, but that's certainly not the overwhelming consensus on him the way it was with Sammy.

Are we trading up a few spots to get Lamb and giving up lower round picks?  I'm fine with that.

I highly, HIGHLY doubt Beane would even consider giving up a 1st next year to go up and get Lamb or Jeudy.

Where are we drafting next year?  The better question to ask would be what's going to happen with our current players and our CAP situation?  We have a ton of CAP space this offseason and next offseason, but we also have a ton of players we're probably hoping will be worthy of resigning for big money: White, Dawkins, Milano, Poyer, Edmunds, Allen...

Without a 1st round pick in any given year, you're sacrificing a player who is supposed to be an impact starter on your team.  And so far Beane seems to draft well.  Rather than dismissing a pick in the bottom of the first round, think about where we drafted Tredavious White.

So giving up that pick anywhere in the 1st round for any position other than QB--which we (hopefully) already have--seems like a bad gamble.

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wirfs film vs Nick Bosa in 2017 (before Nick got ejected) was very strong and he can play on either side. He was playing on the right side A lot as i understand it because their other OT only felt comfortable on the left 

He has been my top tackle all the way through. I think he will be the first OL off the board. 

5 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I think you always see at least 1 more OT in the first than “should” go; OTs are always in demand.

Side note: rewatching these WR drills; I’m amazed at how skilled these kids are. Just incredible.

CeeDee Lamb is amazing.

Like I said: if we believe that there’s 4/5 first round OTs, there will likely be 6.