2020 NFL Combine

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

All the mocks dating back to september haven't known what to do with him. Some projected him as a first round pick, some are still saying he's a late round guy... I have no clue. I like him anywhere, but I don't know if he ends up a first rounder. 

Problem is the ND QB and the film trying to reconcile WR projection to the next level. It’s a ND problem. And no it’s not just them. Michael a Thomas went in the 2nd for same reason. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nope I go for it at 22 as long as their film study and scouting match up.  Position of need and he’s a specimen with production 

He's also a better route runner than he's been given credit for. His QB's were Brandon Wimbush and Ian Book which meant A LOT of adjustments for the ball or just being outright missed while open. 

Who would you take, Claypool or Tee Higgins?  Higgins is resting....lol oh man.  Just when I had penciled in Tee Higgins as the best fit (for wide receivers that have a legit chance to fall to 22) for us.  Claypool may be that guy now

Just now, H2o said:

He's also a better route runner than he's been given credit for. His QB's were Brandon Wimbush and Ian Book which meant A LOT of adjustments for the ball or just being outright missed while open. 

Book was some improvement over Winbush but still it’s an issue and really across CFB for a lot of WRs

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Book was some improvement over Winbush but still it’s an issue and really across CFB for a lot of WRs

Yes, Book was light years ahead of Wimbush, but still very erratic. It drove me nuts. 

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

I was a big fan of Claypool before the combine and more so now, but geez guys, over reacting on the combine numbers like that gets you in trouble. 

Stick with the tape

As I said, if their film matches up. I don’t watch film, just games. I love him but I defer to the people studying his every move for a living. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As I said, if their film matches up. I don’t watch film, just games. I love him but I defer to the people studying his every move for a living. 

Well I loved his film, but was not aware he could run that fast. It's very impressive especially with his ball skills

Just now, DJB said:

But why?

The dude catches everything. Reminds me of Keenan Allen and now we know hes much faster than Keenan too

I don't see any elite traits. I think he is a good big slot. Like the way Bruce Arians used Larry Fitz near the end of his career. Outside to me he is bang, bang average as a prospect. I think a team would be mad to take him in the first. 2nd round yea, I can that as value but for a team like the Bills even then he isn't the #1 I think they need. 

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't see any elite traits. I think he is a good big slot. Like the way Bruce Arians used Larry Fitz near the end of his career. Outside to me he is bang, bang average as a prospect. I think a team would be mad to take him in the first. 2nd round yea, I can that as value but for a team like the Bills even then he isn't the #1 I think they need. 

Fair enough. 

I think hes going to be a great safety blanket for a QB because he catches everything and plays the big slot role. Hes not just a chain mover now with that speed. 

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I know he needs a couple inches to be a physical comp, but he reminds me so much of AJ Green. Does everything well enough that it kind of gets boring to watch, but such consistent production - even before Burrow.