2020 NFL Combine

YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Jedrick is Cleveland’s guy

I have heard he is the Jets' guy too. The big question is where the first OT coms of the board. Because once one goes they are going to fly. I'm 1. Wifs; 2. Wills; 3. Thomas; 4. Becton but I genuinely feel that there will be a lot of difference between the way teams rank these 4.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not quite the athletic freak that Edmunds is but Murray reminds me of Edmunds in a lot of ways. Fast, instinctive, fantastic range, genuine sideline to sideline player. If he has a weakness, similar to Edmunds it is play recognition and a tendency to get blocked out of a play by an olineman who gets downhill in a hurry.

20 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

He definitely is. Now go look at Tremaine’s combine measurements. Guess that would make him a super-freak (nod to you Rick James lovers out there). 

Edmunds is definitely a super freak. I think Simmons is going to be that Derwin James type safety. I wouldn’t play him at LB. His best position would be like the bullet position at Ohio state. I think browns will have a tough decision at 10 if he’s there, even with their OL needs. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Edmunds is definitely a super freak. I think Simmons is going to be that Derwin James type safety. I wouldn’t play him at LB. His best position would be like the bullet position at Ohio state. I think browns will have a tough decision at 10 if he’s there, even with their OL needs. 

I don't know that he gets past Carolina, unless they to QB.

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have heard he is the Jets' guy too. The big question is where the first OT coms of the board. Because once one goes they are going to fly. I'm 1. Wifs; 2. Wills; 3. Thomas; 4. Becton but I genuinely feel that there will be a lot of difference between the way teams rank these 4.

Not quite the athletic freak that Edmunds is but Murray reminds me of Edmunds in a lot of ways. Fast, instinctive, fantastic range, genuine sideline to sideline player. If he has a weakness, similar to Edmunds it is play recognition and a tendency to get blocked out of a play by an olineman who gets downhill in a hurry.

I think the Giants and Cardinals are the teams that will determine how the top-10 unfolds regarding OTs vs elite defenders.

Either team could go OT, and either team could go defense. I really think that NYG will go Becton; Getts loves the massive OL guys. Arizona strikes me as a perfect fit for Jedrick since he’s able to keep up with Murray’s athleticism and Kingsbury’s run scheme.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Kerrigan? HOF? No chance

How so? He should be the Redskins alltime sack leader and if he plays even 3 more years should easily be in top 25-30 players alltime in sacks... only played 9 years so far I believe and was injured and missed multiple games and still was one of the most dominant DE/OLBs in history.

Clay Matthews is going to be a HoFer and so should Kerrigan he is neck and neck with him with less games played I believe

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

2 hours ago, eball said:

I'll never forget that also happening to a TE against the Ravens in OT in Baltimore...circa 2010 or 2011...

Scott Chandler, maybe?

I definitely recall he had the ball punched out against Atlanta in like '13 or '14, cost 'em the game.

27 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

How so? He should be the Redskins alltime sack leader and if he plays even 3 more years should easily be in top 25-30 players alltime in sacks... only played 9 years so far I believe and was injured and missed multiple games and still was one of the most dominant DE/OLBs in history.

Clay Matthews is going to be a HoFer and so should Kerrigan he is neck and neck with him with less games played I believe

Kerrigan has been solid, but he's never really been anything special imo. Definitely over exaggerating with the "one of the most dominant DE/OLBs in history" talk. I can't see him getting in the HOF. Same with Matthews being a solid, but not spectacular player, and I don't see him getting in the HOF either. 

56 minutes ago, H2o said:

Kerrigan has been solid, but he's never really been anything special imo. Definitely over exaggerating with the "one of the most dominant DE/OLBs in history" talk. I can't see him getting in the HOF. Same with Matthews being a solid, but not spectacular player, and I don't see him getting in the HOF either. 

I can understand why you think this but They are up there in production with JJ Watt an obvious HoF player... He mainly played DT but also DE. These guys move around and can play multiple positions, that combined with production (top 50) already (lots of HoFers with less stats) make me convinced they will get in one day.  

18 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I can understand why you think this but They are up there in production with JJ Watt an obvious HoF player... He mainly played DT but also DE. These guys move around and can play multiple positions, that combined with production (top 50) already (lots of HoFers with less stats) make me convinced they will get in one day.  

JJ Watt has had TWO 20+ sack seasons and is an absolute game changer. He's had 4 season with 16 sacks or more. He's a 3 time DPOY, a 5 time First Team All-Pro selection, and he's put up his 96.5 sacks mainly rushing from the interior of the DL in just 112 total games. Kerrigan has less production in almost 30 more games played and Matthews less in over 40 more games played. Your comparison holds no weight my friend. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

JJ Watt has had TWO 20+ sack seasons and is an absolute game changer. He's had 4 season with 16 sacks or more. He's a 3 time DPOY, a 5 time First Team All-Pro selection, and he's put up his 96.5 sacks mainly rushing from the interior of the OL in just 112 total games. Kerrigan has less production in almost 30 more games played and Matthews less in over 40 more games played. Your comparison holds no weight my friend. 

I get it.. but you can still enjoy their busts in Canton:wub: