My sleeper pick round 1

Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Ruiz has jumped him and most scouts boards.it's fairly close but Ruiz will be the first interior linemen off the board I will Bank on it

I saw that, but Biadasz played with a torn shoulder, red-shirted as a freshman, and I think has started every game.

I like that consistent high level of play and toughness. I will give him a pass on the ranking drop this year.

Ruiz is not too shabby either. Not saying he hasn't earned the props.

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

I saw that, but Biadasz played with a torn shoulder, red-shirted as a freshman, and I think has started every game.

I like that consistent high level of play and toughness. I will give him a pass on the ranking drop this year.

They both can be top-flight centers.. I don't think you can discount that Ruiz was the number one center prospect and lived up to the hype at UM... Tough to do

He will be the guy they can't replace

Biadasz absolutely will be a great center for a long time if he stays healthy

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/24/2020 at 12:24 PM, Buffalo716 said:

You don't draft a RT prospect in round 2 and convert him to guard after 1 year

RT is a hard position to play and most peak at 28-30, unless you draft Lane Johnson In the first round

Ford will be Ok, we haven't had a good RT here in a long time because we don't let them develop

Line play across the league is at an all time low, you need development unless you wanna rely on waiver wire and FA

I don't think they saw him as purely an RT prospect. They seem to have thought he might (or might not) need to be switched from early on, though clearly they have hoped and are still hoping he will develop his footwork and make the grade at tackle.

As for not converting guys after a year, sometimes it works just fine. Off the top of my head, I believe Geoff Schwartz was switched T to G after a year or so, and that's worked out fine. Some guys you do and some guys you don't.

10 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I don't think they saw him as purely an RT prospect. They seem to have thought he might (or might not) need to be switched from early on, though clearly they have hoped and are still hoping he will develop his footwork and make the grade at tackle.

As for not converting guys after a year, sometimes it works just fine. Off the top of my head, I believe Geoff Schwartz was switched T to G after a year or so, and that's worked out fine. Some guys you do and some guys you don't.

I don't doubt he would be a good guard but his big potential is at Tackle. His tape at Oklahoma at guard was pretty good, nothing spectacular.. nothing that would have had him drafted in the top 3 maybe even 4 rounds

He really shined at RT and was actually extremely mobile with his impressive size .. you would think he was a Mauler RT at Oklahoma but he was very quick and an extremely good pass blocker with an ability to mirror

His Tackle play shot him up draft boards and his size and athleticism are perfect at RT to develop... I wouldn't kill that after 1 season

Edited by Buffalo716

7 hours ago, WideNine said:

I am with you @WideNine. Biadasz is #1 and Ruiz #2. I have them pretty close and Biadasz does have an injury asterisk but his tape is the best of the interior guys in this class for me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am with you @WideNine. Biadasz is #1 and Ruiz #2. I have them pretty close and Biadasz does have an injury asterisk but his tape is the best of the interior guys in this class for me. 

I don't think biadasz tape is any more impressive . They play differently but I think Ruiz is the better athlete , healthier, better balance and better natural bend

I just think he translates a bit better

Biadasz has great tape but not the most natural bender 

Edited by Buffalo716

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think biadasz tape is any more impressive . They play differently but I think Ruiz is the better athlete , healthier, better balance and better natural bend

I just think he translates a bit better

Biadasz has great tape but not the most natural bender 

I disagree. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I disagree. 

We clearly do lol and that is ok

But I'd bet that Ruiz goes first because most scouts agree

And I posted this when biadasz WAS the center1 and people thought Ruiz was a 4th round pick

But what do I know , I still scout

I'm not foolproof tho and biadasz is a good prospect

Edited by Buffalo716

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

We clearly do lol and that is ok

But I'd bet that Ruiz goes first because most scouts agree

And I posted this when biadasz WAS the center1 and people thought Ruiz was a 4th round pick

But what do I know , I still scout

I'm not foolproof tho and biadasz is a good prospect

I never had Ruiz as a 4th round pick. I think he can play. I also think Ruiz will go 1st but I think that is largely because of the injury concern on Biadasz. And that is asking me to know things I can't know. 

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I never had Ruiz as a 4th round pick. I think he can play. I also think Ruiz will go 1st but I think that is largely because of the injury concern on Biadasz. And that is asking me to know things I can't know. 

I can tell you right now that scouts didn't bump Ruiz because of biadasz injury history. When scouting Oline , they look for clean tape obviously , but most importantly NFL athleticism

Scouts come to the combine where they exchange scouting reports.Especially on guys they never saw live... The o line reports got traded around and Ruiz was the winner and jumped to Interior 1. Clean tape and high athleticism

People regurgitate what they hear throughout a season, when the scouts get together at the combine , real info is passed around and a real board starts to slowly emerge

I just think biadasz isn't in the same level as athlete, even if he's a bit more polished today. I think that's why he went to C2... Which he is still a great prospect

Edited by Buffalo716

I can tell you right now that scouts didn't bump Ruiz because of biadasz injury history. When scouting Oline , they look for clean tape obviously , but most importantly NFL athleticism

Scouts come to the combine where they exchange scouting reports.Especially on guys they never saw live... The o line reports got traded around and Ruiz was the winner and jumped to Interior 1. Clean tape and high athleticism

People regurgitate what they hear throughout a season, when the scouts get together at the combine , real info is passed around and a real board starts to slowly emerge

I just think biadasz isn't in the same level as athlete, even if he's a bit more polished today

I don't get my info off anyone else. Mine is purely based on what I see. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't get my info off anyone else. Mine is purely based on what I see. 

Well obviously, I don't regurgitate what other scouts say. But I'm telling you why the bump happened

The scouting community is tight.. it's tough to get together during the season... This is where all the scouts get together and their notes are compared

They ARE the people in the trenches

And they get paid to know . Lots of times GMs and owners overrule scouts opinions which is dumb

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well obviously, I don't regurgitate what other scouts say. But I'm telling you why the bump happened

The scouting community is tight.. it's tough to get together during the season... This is where all the scouts get together and their notes are compared

They ARE the people in the trenches

I get all that. But even within them there will be differences of opinion. I can completely understand why someone might have Ruiz ranked ahead. You seem to feel there is no way someone could have Biadasz ahead. I think that is crazy and there will be scouts out there that do. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I get all that. But even within them there will be differences of opinion. I can completely understand why someone might have Ruiz ranked ahead. You seem to feel there is no way someone could have Biadasz ahead. I think that is crazy and there will be scouts out there that do. 

Oh I know biadasz is C1 on some scouts boards.. i have friends at the combine

I'm just saying the consensus 1 is Ruiz

We will find out in 4 years.

Yep. I am always here to back up my opinions. I have strong views I don't ever shy away from them later. The only get out clause I will give myself on Biadasz is the injury one. If the hip does for him then fair enough. That is info the teams have info to that I don't. 

Again none of this is to say I don't like Ruiz. I do. He is #32 on my board. I think he will be a good pro. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. I am always here to back up my opinions. I have strong views I don't ever shy away from them later. The only get out clause I will give myself on Biadasz is the injury one. If the hip does for him then fair enough. That is info the teams have info to that I don't. 

Again none of this is to say I don't like Ruiz. I do. He is #32 on my board. I think he will be a good pro. 

Well that's why I can respect you. I don't shy away from my strong opinions either

It's why I have been in the game so long 

And again I don't dislike biadasz at all..I think he's good..  one of my good friends who's a regional scout thinks he's a top flight center prospect and would take him round 1 no questions