My sleeper pick round 1

Buffalo716

57 minutes ago, DJB said:

I think Cushenburry from LSU is the better prospect. 

I will admit about Ruiz, some scouts love him, others dont like him at all. 

So long as one team loves him I could see him going round 1 but I dont find it likely

Nah Ruiz is better than Cushenburry. I am not quite as high as @Buffalo716 but Ruiz is a solid prospect. 

On 2/23/2020 at 10:24 PM, Buffalo716 said:

You don't draft a RT prospect in round 2 and convert him to guard after 1 year

RT is a hard position to play and most peak at 28-30, unless you draft Lane Johnson In the first round

Ford will be Ok, we haven't had a good RT here in a long time because we don't let them develop

Line play across the league is at an all time low, you need development unless you wanna rely on waiver wire and FA

I think Ford’s footwork is too slow and heavy to ever be a consistently good OT...but he could be a great OG...

The more I listen to  Beane's and Coach Mc D's  pressers at the combine the more I think we will likely go after oline heavy in free agency / early in the draft. 

I'm expecting we go after Conklin in free agency and if we miss on him likely going rt  or guard in the first barring a heavy oline run ahead of us.  

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Nah Ruiz is better than Cushenburry. I am not quite as high as @Buffalo716 but Ruiz is a solid prospect. 

Watch some more games. He is a great run blocker, get to the second level with ease. Can pull and get out in space with the best, tremendous athletes for his size , keeps pads low

Pass blocking technique is very good, didn't allow a sack all season, passes of stunts and is very flexible. He is the top interior lineman in the draft. Every time I watch more I think he's more a stud

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I think Ford’s footwork is too slow and heavy to ever be a consistently good OT...but he could be a great OG...

It could've looked slow because he was overthinking which happen to rooks

He had great quickness and footwork in college. He was a better Tackle at OU than Guard. His guard tape is decent, his Tackle tape is very good

I don't think his guard potential is as high as people think. He might be ok but his tape was better at tackle

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Watch some more games. He is a great run blocker, get to the second level with ease. Can pull and get out in space with the best, tremendous athletes for his size , keeps pads low

Pass blocking technique is very good, didn't allow a sack all season, passes of stunts and is very flexible. He is the top interior lineman in the draft. Every time I watch more I think he's more a stud

I still disagree with you and have Biadasz as my #1 IOL. I do like Ruiz and he is early 30s on my board. I'm not as high as you are though. My biggest disagreement on your post above is on stunts. I have his ability to recognise and pass off stunts as a con. I didn't like that on tape. Too often he reacts too late to stunts in my eyes. 

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I still disagree with you and have Biadasz as my #1 IOL. I do like Ruiz and he is early 30s on my board. I'm not as high as you are though. My biggest disagreement on your post above is on stunts. I have his ability to recognise and pass off stunts as a con. I didn't like that on tape. Too often he reacts too late to stunts in my eyes. 

I think his biggest con is A gap blitzes by linebackers and some of his stunt mishaps I think are communication. It certainly isn't a strength but he has improved alot over 3 years and NFL coaching should help even more

It seems like there was communication issues not a lack of talent for picking up stunts.. NFL coaching should sure that up

People tried stunting him alot and he didn't give up a sack on it last season. Definitely can improve but I think it's communication not lack of talent

Edited by Buffalo716

16 minutes ago, DJB said:

A problem I have with Ruiz is the guy is constantly on the turf. Not helping protect your QB when you are laying on the ground

Dion Dawkins is constantly on the ground as well ? I joke I joke

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Sleeper? Wirfs is going top 20. He is 8th on my big board. 

IDK, I've read there are questions about whether he can handle speed rushers, as well as how long his arms are.

May be pre-draft FUD like Cordy Glenn (Hey, he's a guard!), but I wouldn't be surprised if he slides...

https://theathletic.com/1628662/2020/02/24/iowa-football-tristan-wirfs-nfl-draft-tackle-prospect-combine/

"Among some analysts, playing right tackle in college comes across as a demerit in the evaluation process and a half-step from the automatic kick inside to guard. It often becomes the first topic mentioned during their assessments, like from ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr., who said, “Wirfs is a right tackle. He played two games at left tackle. There’s mixed opinion on him.”

Edited by Lurker

Just now, Lurker said:

IDK, I've read there are questions about whether he can handle speed rushers.   May be pre-draft FUD like Cordy Glenn (Hey, he's a guard!), but I wouldn't be surprised if he slides...

He won't slide. If he does get to #22 I'd sprint to the podium and turn the card in. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dion Dawkins is constantly on the ground as well ? I joke I joke

Well, see, and he didn't protect his QB very well when he was laying there either, did he?

It was interesting ,there was an interview with Bobby Johnson on Dion Dawkins where he pretty much said he started out butting heads with Dawkins, and he thinks Dawkins still has a lot of potential to improve.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, see, and he didn't protect his QB very well when he was laying there either, did he?

It was interesting ,there was an interview with Bobby Johnson on Dion Dawkins where he pretty much said he started out butting heads with Dawkins, and he thinks Dawkins still has a lot of potential to improve.

He certainly has the potential to improve his game and technique . the one thing you can't improved is his length unless you want to put him on the rack

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He certainly has the potential to improve his game and technique . the one thing you can't improved is his length unless you want to put him on the rack

Dawkins is listed at 6'4" with a 35" arm length

One inch really make that much difference?

I hadn't realized Dawkins had a Wonderlic of 12.  Wonder what was up with that - he's very articulate and comes across as creative/imaginative.  I'm gonna guess maths and logic puzzles are maybe not his thing.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dawkins is listed at 6'4" with a 35" arm length

One inch really make that much difference?

I hadn't realized Dawkins had a Wonderlic of 12.  Wonder what was up with that - he's very articulate and comes across as creative/imaginative.  I'm gonna guess maths and logic puzzles are maybe not his thing.

35' is actually solid but he doesn't look like he has learned to use that length yet

Left tackles need to have a boxer's straight.. hit defenders with their length before they get hit

He's a tad short but his length is actually solid with measurements.. he needs to not let people get in close

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

35' is actually solid but he doesn't look like he has learned to use that length yet

Left tackles need to have a boxer's straight.. hit defenders with their length before they get hit

He's a tad short but his length is actually solid with measurements.. he needs to not let people get in close

I feel certain Bobby Johnson will keep after him ? and hopefully he will take another step and earn a nice payday

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I feel certain Bobby Johnson will keep after him ? and hopefully he will take another step and earn a nice payday

Dawkins has a great personality and I'm sure that leads to him being very coachable

That is what our staff wants coachable people... That is why I'm not giving up on Ford because he was extremely coachable at Oklahoma.. 

Some players actually don't like to learn and get better

On 2/23/2020 at 7:18 PM, Buffalo716 said:

(sorry for weird font I have no clue what happened)

(this is not who I think the Bills will take. But if all edge, WR are gone can be a sleeper I would consider)

Cesar Ruiz ( Interior lineman Michigan)

A non redshirt at a major school on the offensive line is not the norm, but Cesar Ruiz was able to come into UM and give them time right away

the #1 center prospect in the country 3 years ago has been nothing but advertised for the wolverines

He uses great size with mobility and power and is great at pulling. Has a mean streak and plays through the whistle

and has guard /center flexibility for the NFL which our team covets

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/cesar-ruiz?id=32195255-4941-5291-5447-fa1de6f9c62b

Lance Zeirlein report. Compares to James Daniels

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/cesar-ruiz/HRgG1Dhpp7

Marino Eric Wood comp

i think he's a top 25 player in the draft when all is said and done and in such a deep Wr class we can get a good target like Justin Jefferson round 2 while adding a huge key to the line

His linemate Bredeson is a projected top 2 round pick and Kiper calls him the best guard in the draft... I think Ruiz is better 

I have always been a big believer of building from the inside out.. on both sides

Is this an unorthodox pick? Probably but I'm not picking for the Bills and I see a stud G/C for years. He can even move over when Morse is gone

If I went lineman in the 1st I would still take Wisconsin's Biadasz (even with the shoulder injury he played thru this year sans missing a game). Concensus 1st round grade at center last year and still near the top of the list this year.

I like his tape, I like that he can hustle and pull from the center position much like Morris, and he brings the wood when he does. Scheme-wise his base skillset is a good fit for how Daboll likes to use that position.

I still think we are always just a couple hits away from losing Mitch to concussion protocol, or having to hang up the cleats to have a few marbles left for retirement. I would not fault him if he has to ever make that tough choice.

Feliciano filled in admirably when he had to, but we had to shuffle the deck a lot and the drop after Feliciano was pretty significant.

Would not be a bad idea to groom a guy who could be a generational talent at the position.

Not going to argue the merits of drafting o-line in the 1st. RT is a need too as I still think we need someone a bit more nimble there and Ford is a better fit inside.

Bean could go in any number of directions, and receiver with size, speed, catch radius, and hands is on the menu - but a deeper position.

Will be interesting to see who they pursue in FA to fill out the roster.

Edited by WideNine

8 minutes ago, WideNine said:

If I went lineman in the 1st I would still take Wisconsin's Biadasz (even with the shoulder injury he played thru this year sans missing a game). Concensus 1st round grade at center last year and still near the top of the list this year.

I like his tape, I like that he can hustle and pull from the center position much like Morris, and he brings the wood when he does. Scheme-wise his base skillset is a good fit for how Daboll likes to use that position.

I still think we are always just a couple hits away from losing Mitch to concussion protocol, or having to hang up the cleats to have a few marbles left for retirement. I would not fault him if he has to ever make that tough choice.

Feliciano filled in admirably when he had to, but we had to shuffle the deck a lot and the drop after Feliciano was pretty significant.

Would not be a bad idea to groom a guy who could be a generational talent at the position.

Not going to argue the merits of drafting o-line in the 1st. RT is a need too as I still think we need someone a bit more nimble there and Ford is a better fit inside.

Bean could go in any number of directions, and receiver with size, speed, catch radius, and hands is on the menu - but a deeper position.

Will be interesting to see who they pursue in FA to fill out the roster.

Ruiz has jumped him on most scouts boards.it's fairly close but Ruiz will be the first interior linemen off the board I will Bank on it

And scouts think he does have all pro Travis Frederick potential

And I do like biadasz

Edited by Buffalo716