My sleeper pick round 1

Buffalo716

(sorry for weird font I have no clue what happened)

(this is not who I think the Bills will take. But if all edge, WR are gone can be a sleeper I would consider)

Cesar Ruiz ( Interior lineman Michigan)

A non redshirt at a major school on the offensive line is not the norm, but Cesar Ruiz was able to come into UM and give them time right away

the #1 center prospect in the country 3 years ago has been nothing but advertised for the wolverines

He uses great size with mobility and power and is great at pulling. Has a mean streak and plays through the whistle

and has guard /center flexibility for the NFL which our team covets

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/cesar-ruiz?id=32195255-4941-5291-5447-fa1de6f9c62b

Lance Zeirlein report. Compares to James Daniels

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/cesar-ruiz/HRgG1Dhpp7

Marino Eric Wood comp

i think he's a top 25 player in the draft when all is said and done and in such a deep Wr class we can get a good target like Justin Jefferson round 2 while adding a huge key to the line

His linemate Bredeson is a projected top 2 round pick and Kiper calls him the best guard in the draft... I think Ruiz is better 

I have always been a big believer of building from the inside out.. on both sides

Is this an unorthodox pick? Probably but I'm not picking for the Bills and I see a stud G/C for years. He can even move over when Morse is gone

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

No. If we go Lineman, it will be a RT IMO. That way they can move Ford inside. 

You don't draft a RT prospect in round 2 and convert him to guard after 1 year

RT is a hard position to play and most peak at 28-30, unless you draft Lane Johnson In the first round

Ford will be Ok, we haven't had a good RT here in a long time because we don't let them develop

Line play across the league is at an all time low, you need development unless you wanna rely on waiver wire and FA

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 10

9 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

In the 1st?  He’s still a sleeper in the mid 4th.

He is probably the #1 or 2 center prospect after all is said and done and can kick to guard something tells me he doenst last that long

Again I'm thinking outside the box and adding good lineman are always a good thing

Edited by Buffalo716

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/cesar-ruiz?id=32195255-4941-5291-5447-fa1de6f9c62b

Lance Zeirlein report. Compares to James Daniels

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/cesar-ruiz/HRgG1Dhpp7

Marino Eric Wood comp 

I think late first round is a great spot for Interior

Again not who I think the Bills will take but I like putting resources into the line. So it would be a sleeper I would consider if all edge and Top WRs were gone

14 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Chad Reuter has this pick for the Bills as well.

Was not aware of that

Edited by Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

He's alot higher on scouts boards than most mock stuff

He is a very good prospect and I doubt he lasts that long. Eric Wood and James Daniels comps would put him in late first 

Lots of worse guards have gone in the top 25

He isn't a Quintin Nelson prospect but very few are

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

RT is a hard position to play and most peak at 28-30, unless you draft Lane Johnson In the first round

Ford will be Ok, we haven't had a good RT here in a long time because we don't let them develop

Line play across the league is at an all time low, you need development unless you wanna rely on waiver wire and FA

On this board you do. SMH.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Cesar Ruiz ( Interior lineman Michigan)

A non redshirt at a major school on the offensive line is not the norm, but Cesar Ruiz was able to come into UM and give them time right away

the #1 center prospect in the country 3 years ago has been nothing but advertised for the wolverines

He uses great size with mobility and power and is great at pulling. Has a mean streak and plays through the whistle

and has guard /center flexibility for the NFL which our team covets

i think he's a top 25 player in the draft and in such a deep Wr class we can get a good target like Justin Jefferson round 2 while adding a huge key to the line

I have always been a big believer of building from the inside out.. on both sides

Wouldn't hate it.

58 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's alot higher on scouts boards than most mock stuff

He is a very good prospect and I doubt he lasts that long. Eric Wood and James Daniels comps would put him in late first 

Lots of worse guards have gone in the top 25

He isn't a Quintin Nelson prospect but very few are

I’m always a little put off by how fans devalue lineman; interior linemen in particular. A team can have crap at the skill positions and still hit 8 wins or better with 3-4 probowlers on the O line. Nabbing top talent on the interior is particularly valuable in the late 1st where a center or guard is often BPA. Same goes for NT and WLB.... Late first is often where their value shines. 

As an aside... I’ve noticed that you’re going through tape on players. I’d be interested in your take on Bryce Hall (CB, UVA). The injury makes me curious, and I’m waiting for combine performance to answer questions. Also interested in your perspective on Lynn Bowden Jr. I love the kid, but the switch to QB mid season throws me for a loop with prospective draft slotting. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I dunno man.  He’s really slow getting outside.  I don’t trust him.  I believe if we had a good RT in the playoff game we win easily.  He stunk it up.  I wouldn’t bet our season on him becoming a solid RT

and regarding Ruiz, rd 2, maybe.  I hope he’s not the pick rd 1.

Edited by NewEra

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I dunno man.  He’s really slow getting outside.  I don’t trust him.  I believe if we had a good RT in the playoff game we win easily.  He stunk it up.  I wouldn’t bet our season on him becoming a solid RT

and regarding Ruiz, rd 2, maybe.  I hope he’s not the pick rd 1.

I mean we still have Ty and then look at the state of line play across the league. It's terrible, worst in league history

RT is not a plug and play position unless you are top end talent. Most are still developing at 27, some develop till 30..  it's a slow developing position

That's why lots of teams use waiver wire and FAs because they don't have patience to develop them properly

You can work on quickness and technique and he actually showed great quickness in college

Dion Dawkins is not that great either and nobody says anything because he works hard and wants to improve.. he is upgradable but it's hard to find good Tackles

Ford has upside at the Tackle spot. Kicking him inside would be a waste after 16 games

As for Ruiz I don't expect him to be the pick but if the high end skill guys are gone he is a great prospect and a guy I personally would consider at the tail end. Historically where the great interior lineman go. He is a very good athlete, scheme fit, versatile and great at pulling which we do a good amount

he is gonna blow up the combine I believe and his tape + measurables will definitely have someone take him sooner than later imo