Quit Smoking! FIGHT ME!

Bakin

By tonight it will have been a week. 
Definitely struggled for a few moments here and there. Day 3-4 was the hardest in terms of nicotine withdrawal for me. 
But I believe the hardest part is done. 
I used Allan Carr’s Easyway and smoked while I read the book and woke up the next morning intent on being done. 
I have smoked for 27 years...not heavy (8-12 a day) but without fail. 

• Like (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 10

3 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Definitely struggled for a few moments here and there. Day 3-4 was the hardest in terms of nicotine withdrawal for me. 
I used Allan Carr’s Easyway and smoked while I read the book and woke up the next morning intent on being done. 

In addition to health,  I would imagine your bank account will improve as well. I was floored the other day when a a lady at the beer store in front of me bought a carton of smokes for $90, and said it was cheap compared to where she is from.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

In addition to health,  I would imagine your bank account will improve as well. I was floored the other day when a a lady at the beer store in front of me bought a carton of smokes for $90, and said it was cheap compared to where she is from.

I did buy an extra pint of Haagen Dazs at the store today. Damn the torpedos. Hope my waistline doesn’t expand. 
yup smoking is expensive - especially when you smoke the more expensive brands like I did. $136 a carton here. When I would travel for duty free I could get them for $25-75 a carton. 
oh well I hope I can keep it going. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Bakin said:

I did buy an extra pint of Haagen Dazs at the store today. Damn the torpedos. Hope my waistline doesn’t expand. 
yup smoking is expensive - especially when you smoke the more expensive brands like I did. $136 a carton here. When I would travel for duty free I could get them for $25-75 a carton. 
oh well I hope I can keep it going. 

Stick with it man.....I have plenty of vices, but I gave up the heaters about 15 years ago.  Probably one of the better decisions I've made. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Stick with it man.....I have plenty of vices, but I gave up the heaters about 15 years ago.  Probably one of the better decisions I've made. 

Have had some physical withdrawal pains. 
but mostly it’s the mental ***** I’m trying to get through. 

2 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Have had some physical withdrawal pains. 
but mostly it’s the mental ***** I’m trying to get through. 

Yeah,  it's not just about giving up the smokes. Its a whole lifestyle change. Like, what do I do now after dinner when I used to smoke out of habit. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Good job, stick with it!

My parents smoked when I was very young, but quit at some point. Most of their friends smoked until they died, which in some cases seemed directly related.

Now? I can’t think of a single person I know who smokes.  Wait......The only exception is an old friend who lives in Vegas and went on a cruise with us last fall. She would disappear to try to sneak one in, and we all laughed about how she thought she was fooling us! You can tell she smokes just by listening to her talk.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Yeah,  it's not just about giving up the smokes. Its a whole lifestyle change. Like, what do I do now after dinner when I used to smoke out of habit. 

It’s the nicotine addiction. 
It’s the most addictive substance known to man. Surprisingly giving it up short term is not that difficult (so far). Long term I’m skeptical about staying off it. I’m a weak man!

Just now, Bakin said:

It’s the nicotine addiction. 
It’s the most addictive substance known to man. Surprisingly giving it up short term is not that difficult (so far). Long term I’m skeptical about staying off it. I’m a weak man!

Got to have the right mindset. If you're already skeptical it's not gonna work. Just keep doing what you're doing.  One day at a time.

• Like (+1) 2

Way to go, man. Keep it up - it's worth it.

I quit in my mid-20s, more than 30 years ago. During a recent physical, my doctor said, "Giving up cigarettes was the best decision you ever made. Now, your wife is going to say the best decision you ever made was to marry her, but I'm telling you it was giving up the smokes." I told him it's a tie, since she and I quit together when we got married.

I had no idea how much the price of ciggies had gone up until I was behind someone at the supermarket buying a carton for $87. Holy crap, that's almost $9/pack buying them by the carton! A pack-a-day smoker would spend over $3k a year on that habit. For that money, you could buy Bills' season tickets for the whole family.

• Like (+1) 3