Fury Wilder II

Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Wilder also hit Fury in the back of the head once or twice iirc

And that's spot on for Wilder.. he is a fighter not a boxer .. Fury has technical skills

He was feinting and Wilder would react so hard and just gave Fury more of a book

Wilder wasn’t right the whole time and even though Fury was clearly the better man you could tell Wilder was off from early on

He mentioned his leg in the interview, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was injured in camp leading up

i also think a third fight would be pretty special but I’d rather see Fury go for unification  vs AJ, next 30 days is the window for Wilder to option third fight...if that happens no Fury/AJ in 2020 

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Wilder wasn’t right the whole time and even though Fury was clearly the better man you could tell Wilder was off from early on

He mentioned his leg in the interview, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was injured in camp leading up

i also think a third fight would be pretty special but I’d rather see Fury go for unification  vs AJ, next 30 days is the window for Wilder to option third fight...if that happens no Fury/AJ in 2020 

I want to see Fury AJ

I think Fury is just on another level rn and will also beat AJ ringpost to ringpost

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I want to see Fury AJ

I think Fury is just on another level rn and will also beat AJ ringpost to ringpost

I think he might retire tbh

His dad is the OG gypsy king...before the first Wilder fight he cautioned Tyson saying he was coming back too soon from rehab/not mentally or physically at his peak, gets sloppy and loses easy NC to a draw from knockdowns

before the last one on Saturday he told his son it would be the easiest fight he'll ever have

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think he might retire tbh

His dad is the OG gypsy king...before the first Wilder fight he cautioned Tyson saying he was coming back too soon from rehab/not mentally or physically at his peak, gets sloppy and loses easy NC to a draw from knockdowns

before the last one on Saturday he told his son it would be the easiest fight he'll ever have

We will see. He definitely isn't young but he isn't super old 

I'd like to see him 1 more time

On 2/23/2020 at 8:36 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Was this boxing or MMA?  Looked like two MMA fighters trying to box.  Meh...

I don't want to piss on the fight. I always enjoy a big fight card as I did this one. But I wonder what a guy like Larry Holmes or, if he was still alive, Ken Norton would be thinking about these guys? Norton and Holmes a couple levels above as far as skill and boxing ability goes. Despite his size, Fury would be dominated by either one. 

Still like the fight though.

1 minute ago, Dante said:

I don't want to piss on the fight. I always enjoy a big fight card as I did this one. But I wonder what a guy like Larry Holmes or, if he was still alive, Ken Norton would be thinking about these guys? Norton and Holmes a couple levels above as far as skill and boxing ability goes. Despite his size, Fury would be dominated by either one. 

Still like the fight though.

Fury is a monster but yes I agree he couldn't hang with some of the older heavyweights who had real skill

Fury has skill but would get ripped up by some old school guys

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Fury is a monster but yes I agree he couldn't hang with some of the older heavyweights who had real skill

Fury has skill but would get ripped up by some old school guys

Speed would be the biggest issue. imho. When I watch the heavies today that seems to be the biggest difference. Defensive skills are not great either. Still fun though. Fury could use some better marketing as well. His entrance music didn't get me hyped up. I thought him getting carried in was funny though.

Edited by Dante

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Wilder was done after the 3rd round.

He said his legs were tired from wearing his 40 lb costume for over 15 minutes before the fight.?

His mask made it harder to breathe also.

Fury was smart wearing his costume while being carried to the ring.?

Edited by Turk71

8 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Fury/Wilder 3 confirmed

Should be a great fight

My worst boxing nightmare right now is Wilder upsets Fury and then we get Wilder/AJ and just watch two dudes who can't box throw overhands at each other for 12 rounds.  Then it's a draw and we have to watch it again.

2 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

My worst boxing nightmare right now is Wilder upsets Fury and then we get Wilder/AJ and just watch two dudes who can't box throw overhands at each other for 12 rounds.  Then it's a draw and we have to watch it again.

Lol

i enjoy watching wilder but the fight everyone wants is fury/aj and now that’s off for at least a year and possibly not happening

fury would have to have a rubber match clause in there for protection. He’s won like 95% of the rounds between himself and wilder

9 hours ago, Turk71 said:

He said his legs were tired from wearing his 40 lb costume for over 15 minutes before the fight.?

His mask made it harder to breathe also.

Fury was smart wearing his costume while being carried to the ring.?

Yeah that was stupid.  I remember when he took off the mask and he was sweating like he was in a sauna.   Fury gets carried in and feels great.