Yardbarker review of Josh Allen 2019 season

CorkScrewHill

8 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Your argument is laughable. Out of the ESPN list of 46 NFL teams rushers only Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson are QB's. It makes no sense to take away a RBs yards when talking about the teams RB's yards for the season. You pointed out that Buffalo was 6th in rushing attempts and I pointed out that without those rushes from the QB the Bills were 31st in the NFL in rushing attempts. Meaning that the Bills OC didn't call for that many rushes by the RB's during the season. That's my point! 

I also pointed out that teams that go pass happy are usually down by more then a few points and more like down a few TDs. All those losses for the Bills were close games save the Eagles game and there was no need to give up on the run game at all in those games. Especially when Singletary was averaging 5.0 yards per carry or more. Made no sense! 

This Bills OC attempts to make Allen the focal point of the offense like he has an experienced veteran QB under center and Allen is simply not there yet. Even then, teams like the Falcons, Packers, Saints and so many others that have established franchise QB's need to have a dependable run game to lean on.

Patriots loss, 6 pts

Browns loss, 3 pts

Ravens loss, 7 pts

Patriots loss, 7 pts

Texans playoff loss, 3 pts

Against the Texans the Bills had a 3 score lead and still kept passing the ball when they clearly should have been running it.

Lastly, go back and watch that Dallas Cowboys game on Thanksgiving to see the Cowboys drove right down the field on the opening series and scored a TD. By your account the Bills should have gone pass happy because they didn't have the lead. Instead the Bills ran the ball 34 times and passed it 25 times. With the support of a good run game QB Josh Allen had the best game of his NFL career going 19 of 24 for 231 yards with a Rate of 120.7. NOW, that's my point! 

Your point is bad because it’s fabricated.

In the Dallas game, after going down 7-0, we had 10 passing plays called, 7 RB rushing plays called. We scored on a passing play, and then transitioned to running more. We did start to pass more when we we were down, we tied the game and then we won. You lose.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Your point is bad because it’s fabricated.

In the Dallas game, after going down 7-0, we had 10 passing plays called, 7 RB rushing plays called. We scored on a passing play, and then transitioned to running more. We did start to pass more when we we were down, we tied the game and then we won. You lose.

Its not fabricated at all. I was just pointing out one scenario, one game. By your standards the Bills should have gone pass happy all game against Dallas and lost it. They didn't, they won! 

By your accounts the only time the Bills should run is when they have the lead. In actuality that's about what the current lame brained Bills OC does most times. If the Bills have a lead he utilizes the run game and when behind in the score even by 3 points he goes pass happy with an inexperienced QB.  

I noticed you ignored the Texans game when the Bills had the lead and still kept passing.

Perhaps it's time you went back to playing with your legos...

16 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Its not fabricated at all. I was just pointing out one scenario, one game. By your standards the Bills should have gone pass happy all game against Dallas and lost it. They didn't, they won! 

By your accounts the only time the Bills should run is when they have the lead. In actuality that's about what the current lame brained Bills OC does most times. If the Bills have a lead he utilizes the run game and when behind in the score even by 3 points he goes pass happy with an inexperienced QB.  

I noticed you ignored the Texans game when the Bills had the lead and still kept passing.

They did go “pass happy,” when they were down. I just demonstrated that they called 10 passes to 7 RB runs down 7. Pointing to the end of game stats, when we had a lead for the rest of the game, doesn’t change that. 

You were wrong. That’s okay.

42 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I gotta say that, having just read your arguments in the past several posts, I think you're pretty much on the money.  I would guess that there were a variety of things going on that you don't understand that caused the coaches to call the games the way they did, but you're right about the bottom line:  they didn't need to pass as much as they did in important losses, and they had plenty of time to continue to push the run game.  I think your breakdowns on that point make it pretty clear.  

I would be amazed if McDermott isn't talking to Daboll about the pass run imbalance and working with him to be sure the Bills don't get one dimensional.