Should the Bills bring Cam Phillips back to compete in camp at WR?

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep it is just the xfl but he wasn’t bad when he was here, If I recall correctly he was signed to the 53 for a game or 2 in 2018? I thought he was really good in camp actually 

yeah, he was who they called up when Foster got sent to the PS and learned how to track balls for like 6 games.

He's also fully recovered from his hernia surgery, fwiw.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

He deserves a chance to explore free agency...lol

Never mind, private joke

I think you meant "he's earned the right to test the market."   ?

It wasn't that private.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Yes. He has played real well. But as on poster here has told me, it is just the xfl. That said, he is the best player there.

Could very well be the case, but I don’t think that being the best in a 2nd rate football league that show cases a lot of sloppy play is going to garner a ton of attention, not that some won’t get invites, some will,  but they will all be long shots to make teams.

In the Bills case we have a very good #2 WR filling the #1 position, we have a good slot in Beasley, what we need at minimum is another very good #2 or we pony up the dollars and get a true #1 wide out. 
Beane will likely go the route of another very good #2 and may bring in two such players, hoping one of them grows into the #1, jmo.

17 hours ago, whatdrought said:

He’s more than welcome to come to camp.. if he makes the team after an offseason of us attempting to fix a position room which didn’t have a place for him last year- something went wrong.

This.

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dude has been really good in the XFL, and he was good here too but just couldn’t crack the roster. Could we worth giving him another look, why not

...help me out bud....what were the circumstances as to why he fell out of OBD consideration........wasn't the VT gang highly thought of?......

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Nah. The Bills aren't trying to fill out the WR corps this year; they're trying to upgrade it.

There are some XFL RBs they might want to bring in, though. They need to fill out the depth behind Singletary.

Matt Jones, anybody?

...so then what were Cam's OBD hiccups?.....

All for camp competition, but that being said, the Bills currently have 2 legit NFL WRs in Brown and Beasley and 1 full time special team player with 3 fringe NFL guys in Foster, Williams and McKenzie.  They need a legitimate starting caliber WR to play with Brown and Beasley.  Ideally, they bring in one very good WR to start with Brown and Beasley and one competent guy to challenge Williams, Foster and McKenzie - hopefully the 2nd new guy can displace one of those 3.

i don’t think that Cam Phillips is either of the guys I described, but he is a try-hard guy to provide camp competition 

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He could be the next Duke Williams!!

Nah, he’s not as good as Duke...although he would probably  be a good replacement for Mc kittrick...

?

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 1