Josh Norman in Buffalo?

Gmoneybills

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Yes. 
Paragraph 173, Section 5, Paragraph 3. 
Any player who announces his retirement at halftime shall not be allowed to leave the locker room until the end of the game. And he shall allow each player and the entire coaching staff to kick him in the nuts. 

No front office staff?  They should be able to sub for kickers since we cannot afford them to have feet damaged.

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

@Roger Goodell, is this true?

@Roger Goodell should be kicked as well so NFLPA does not complain.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

This doesn’t surprise me at all if he met with him. I will more surprised if he signs him, but even still, we do need 90 for camp. 

I have heard that the Bills have shown interest in Eli Apple. FWIW 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

And Bradberry. They definitely want to have two excellent corners.

Sounds like Beane & McDermott are exploring all of their options, like they always do.

Right now, Deion Sanders is faster than Norman. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I think he could be a good fit opposite Tre.  Sometimes a change of scenery really helps. Going from the skins to a perennial top 3 defense coming off the playoffs 2 of 3 years playing under his old DC. Could help his play. Not guaranteed though 

Norman can't cover anyone and is a bad teammate but yeah, let's suit him up. 

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

He’s terrible.  Washington and Ron Rivera could not release him fast enough.  His play on the field and his negative presence in the locker room were equally poor.

The scheme didn't fit him though. He was never a good man CB. He doesn't have good speed.  He does have elite instincts. For his contract in Wash , it was a no brainier to release him. But if McD believes he can contribute , I trust him , especially being a CB. 

I personally would love to grab a rookie CB in round 1 if they're high on . Pair him with Tre for the next 4+ years. 

• Like (+1) 1

Based on what I remember, Josh Norman is an excellent CB in zone coverage and only so-so in man coverage. While that can turn some people off (remember Gilmore's comments about how he was better than Josh Norman since he played man coverage?), the fact is Norman's best years were playing zone coverage under McD. I can see Norman coming cheaper than Kevin Johnson and being as good or better replacement.

A lot of CB'S are scheme specific. Trey White IMO wouldn't be good in every scheme for example, a lot like Richard Sherman. Norman fits our scheme perfect. Redskins are rebuilding, Bills trying to win a championship over the next 2-3 years. McDermott likes veterans. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1