Josh Norman in Buffalo?

Gmoneybills

Norman got paid and treated like a lock down but he was better as a zone guy. That's what can be nice at times about our scheme. We can get value out of players other teams just can't and we seem to be good at identifying those players. I don't really care much about Norman but if the front office thinks he's the right fit it would be an exciting signing. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

As long as he doesn't pull a "Vontae"

They need a "Vontae" clause in all contracts

Yes. 
Paragraph 173, Section 5, Paragraph 3. 
Any player who announces his retirement at halftime shall not be allowed to leave the locker room until the end of the game. And he shall allow each player and the entire coaching staff to kick him in the nuts. 

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

He would have to be cheap, and he is not used to playing for cheap...

It may not agree with him..

Then he can move along to another team that is dumb enough to give him a big contract.  I'd pass on Norman since we have some good, young talent and it really isn't a position of need.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This doesn’t surprise me at all if he met with him. I will more surprised if he signs him, but even still, we do need 90 for camp. 

I have heard that the Bills have shown interest in Eli Apple. FWIW 

And Bradberry. They definitely want to have two excellent corners.

This was a no brainer.  To at least bring him in a talk to him.  

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This doesn’t surprise me at all if he met with him. I will more surprised if he signs him, but even still, we do need 90 for camp. 

I have heard that the Bills have shown interest in Eli Apple. FWIW 

Noooooooooo.  Really hope we don’t sign apple

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Have they shown interest in Bradberry? If so that would be amazing (but $$). I hate Eli Apple 

Makes sense that they would.  But lie you, dunno about the money.  Tre is gonna get 15-18 a year.  I can’t see them paying another corner more than 10, but we’ll see

Edited by NewEra
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Yes. 
Paragraph 173, Section 5, Paragraph 3. 
Any player who announces his retirement at halftime shall not be allowed to leave the locker room until the end of the game. And he shall allow each player and the entire coaching staff to kick him in the nuts. 

@Roger Goodell, is this true?

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

He’s terrible.  Washington and Ron Rivera could not release him fast enough.  His play on the field and his negative presence in the locker room were equally poor.

I think he could be a good fit opposite Tre.  Sometimes a change of scenery really helps. Going from the skins to a perennial top 3 defense coming off the playoffs 2 of 3 years playing under his old DC. Could help his play. Not guaranteed though 

• Like (+1) 2

He wouldn't have very much, if any, expectations if he signs and for the first time since early on in his career, he won't be designated as the #1 corner. 

Now that Norman got his FA payday out of the way and has his familiarity with this staff and scheme, I'm all for it if the price is right. Who are any of us to voice displeasure with what coach has accomplished in the secondary ever since he got here? 

Edited by JimKellyTryouts