XFL Week 3 game threads

PromoTheRobot

I am enjoying so far the products, in particular:

1) Clock rules

I like them for the most part, the up tempo is nice to see. Having same rules in time stoppage for both tackles and incomplete passes will limit the usual strategies of running to consume the clock or to pass to come back from behind, but maybe this is not bad. I think that having constant comunication between QB and OC will favor offense over defense though. I fear I will see the NFL as too slow when it will start in September...

2) Kick off rules

I like it

3) Punting rules

I like the rule that gunners have to wait until the kick, I absolutely don't like the touchback on 35 yds line (while I like it for the kick off).

4) All microphoned

Hmmm, it's nice to hear everything but it will never be adopted by a big league for the sake of signal "stealing".

5) Hit on defenseless receiver

Still inconsistent calls, if DB leads with shoulder, does not target neck/head, and does not "launch", it should not be called.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 4:07 AM, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

I am enjoying so far the products, in particular:

1) Clock rules

I like them for the most part, the up tempo is nice to see. Having same rules in time stoppage for both tackles and incomplete passes will limit the usual strategies of running to consume the clock or to pass to come back from behind, but maybe this is not bad. I think that having constant comunication between QB and OC will favor offense over defense though. I fear I will see the NFL as too slow when it will start in September...

2) Kick off rules

I like it

3) Punting rules

I like the rule that gunners have to wait until the kick, I absolutely don't like the touchback on 35 yds line (while I like it for the kick off).

4) All microphoned

Hmmm, it's nice to hear everything but it will never be adopted by a big league for the sake of signal "stealing".

5) Hit on defenseless receiver

Still inconsistent calls, if DB leads with shoulder, does not target neck/head, and does not "launch", it should not be called.

Sunday, 3 teams scored 29 or more points, so with this level of talent, even hearing the opponent's Offensive plays before the snap doesn't help...

Ratings continue to drop.

Edited by Mr. WEO

On 2/22/2020 at 4:40 PM, LeGOATski said:

I mean...yeah? This is a minor league for a reason. 

Cam Phillips ran a 4.84 40-yard dash, lol

I think they're hoping to get more talent straight from the college ranks as time goes on. Maybe not the best talent, but legit young talent. We'll see.

Again, he ran the 40 a few weeks after hernia surgery. I'm certainly not arguing that he's a 4.3 or 4.4 guy, but when he's healthy he's in the 4.5's. If he's exceptional anywhere it's his hands, but otherwise I'd say just average on speed, size, etc.

On 2/24/2020 at 5:11 AM, Hardhatharry said:

Already lost interest in this.

But you're interested in the thread. Weird.

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Again, he ran the 40 a few weeks after hernia surgery. I'm certainly not arguing that he's a 4.3 or 4.4 guy, but when he's healthy he's in the 4.5's. If he's exceptional anywhere it's his hands, but otherwise I'd say just average on speed, size, etc.

Thanks. Yeah, Yolo pointed that out to me earlier. He's been very good in this league. I'm not going to be surprised when he's back in the NFL. He'll probably never be a star there, though.

8 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

But you're interested in the thread. Weird.

Thanks. Yeah, Yolo pointed that out to me earlier. He's been very good in this league. I'm not going to be surprised when he's back in the NFL. He'll probably never be a star there, though.

He was signed and waived twice by the Bills, a team in severe need of talent at WR....

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was signed and waived twice by the Bills, a team in severe need of talent at WR....

Yeah, he should just stay in the XFL if he wants to actually play. 

The XFL stars should stay and promote their league, but can't blame them for trying the NFL again.

• Like (+1) 1