XFL Week 3 game threads

PromoTheRobot

14 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Can Philips. All he does is score touchdowns. So why did we let him go?

Maybe because he was marginal talent when compared to regular NFL pros. Watching the XFL is like watching the final NFL preseason game.  Backups playing against other backups. Or as they say, he is a big fish in a small pond in the XFL, but would be the little fish in the big pond NFL. He has found his place in the XFL. Not saying the games are not entertaining. As long as the players are all of a similar talent level the game can be entertaining.

16 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I'm just glad that JP Losman isn't in the XFL lighting things up like he did when he led Las Vegas to the UFL championship.  The calls to bring him back would crash the site.  

I don't remember anything but bemused laughter at Losman's "lighting up" (under 200 ypg, 9 TDs over 6 games) the UFL.

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't remember anything but bemused laughter at Losman's "lighting up" (under 200 ypg, 9 TDs over 6 games) the UFL.

...well, he DOES have a "ring", right??.........:D

......does he EVER give it up?...Walmart is hiring...SMH.............

Johnny Manziel tweets XFL interest, then deletes his account

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 22, 2020, 6:47 AM EST

A year ago, Johnny Manziel signed with the Alliance of American Football after its season had already started. He may want to do the same this year in the XFL.

Manziel wrote on Twitter the if XFL Commissioner Oliver Luck wants him, Manziel will play.

“Oliver Luck,” Manziel wrote. “If ya wanna boost your ratings to another level just send me the contract tomorrow and we’re in there. Like I said YEARS ago… XFL2020 give the people what they want.”

A few hours after twe

eting that, however, Manziel deleted his account. So Manziel’s true motives are anyone’s guess. But it remains true that the XFL and Manziel would both benefit from Manziel playing in the league.

The XFL, so far, hasn’t shown much interest in Manziel. But it’s easy to see that changing if the XFL’s TV viewership declines as much in the league’s third weekend as they did in the league’s second weekend. Manziel would instantly become the XFL’s most famous player, and the XFL needs famous players.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/22/johnny-manziel-tweets-xfl-interest-then-deletes-his-account/

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Just wait until Peterman joins the league....

Funny, I actually think he will be in this league soon.  And honestly, he might do pretty good in the XFL.  NFL is just too fast for him, but speed of the XFL could be just about the right spot for him to succeed.  I would actually love to see it...dont EVER want to see him in an NFL game again though, its too much for him.

I actually think someone like EJ Manuel could surface next year too.  XFL has to find a way to get better QB's in there, so I feel like there will be an all out press once this season is over to find more former NFL QB's to go along with some guys who don't get drafted this year.  

I think some guys like Peterman may look to the XFL as a place to maybe get a chance to play and catch on somewhere back in the NFL with more opportunity after seeing how much buzz PJ Walker is getting for carving it up already.  A guy like EJ who is still young enough to play may look for one more run as an on field QB rather than stay retired.  

I expect as free agency and draft shapes the QB depth charts this offseason, some guys may see the XFL as more attractive given the strong start to the league and buzz its capable of generating if you are having success.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He also won the championship and got signed to the NFL again after

You can laugh about the stats but JP was laughing to the bank especially when another NFL team called lol

32 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He also won the championship and got signed to the NFL again after

You can laugh about the stats but JP was laughing to the bank especially when another NFL team called lol

I was laughing at the championship.

Losman's only skill was making a fool out of every GM that signed him.  But history has proven over and over that that isn't very hard.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

St Louis is enjoying a return of football.  The Tailgaters are out.

Ka-Kaw!

image.thumb.png.bc8d9f20abb26334f43ca7d302f5c899.png

Houston and DC are getting all the headlines, but St Louis has been quietly impressive. They have the most intriguing QB, IMO. He seems to be the only one that hasn't failed on the NFL field. He was a camp arm in Houston for less than a month. Walker's history is similar, but he spent much more time in the NFL with the Colts.

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Why is ESPN showing women's basketball right now and not the XFL?

I'm very upset

It's back on espn now, they were temporarily showing it on ESPN news 

9 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

This league is pushing coaches to be more aggressive, but they still can't wrap their heads around it. Dumb decision to punt there.

If I was an xfl coach I'd be throwing out every gadget I had. Plus I'd definitely be going for these 4th and shorts. They don't seem to realize that they could make this a really entertaining league