Bears release Amukamara and Gabriel

BillsMafi$

30 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

That was a no brainer for Chicago 
I don’t particularly like either player much and don’t see either fitting into buffalos plans. Just my 2 cents 

I would entertain the idea of adding Gabriel.  Dude can fly and had some good season.  Crap QB situation this year in CHI.  I think his deal expires in ‘22 also.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I would entertain the idea of adding Gabriel.  Dude can fly and had some good season.  Crap QB situation this year in CHI.  I think his deal expires in ‘22 also.  

If Gabriel doesn't reunite with Kyle Shanahan in SF I'll be shocked.

Man Trubisky sucks...

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The last thing we need is another 5'7" gadget guy. Please no.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Logic said:

Agreed. I just had a look at his stats, and he's basically Isaiah McKenzie. Pass.

he is not McKenzie at all... he can be used out of the backfield

He wouldn't be bad on the team for the right price, he's like a more injured version of Sproles.

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Bears are releasing WR Taylor Gabriel and CB Prince Amukamara, per source

-Adam Shefter

could see prince being a possible target

Not a lot of tears shed around here in North Jersey when Prince and the Giants divorced.  Just sayin'.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

Not a lot of tears shed around here in North Jersey when Prince and the Giants divorced.  Just sayin'.

He didn't live up to the first round pick and was a bit of an outcast guy with the abstinence stuff, but overall he was a decent CB.  As with every player, he has a price.

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

If Gabriel doesn't reunite with Kyle Shanahan in SF I'll be shocked.

Man Trubisky sucks...

That's what I thought when Atlanta released him, but Shanahan's WR corp was in much worse shape then & he didn't go after him.  I wouldn't mind the Bills signing him to a reasonable 2-year deal. 

5 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

He was a blown draft choice that was, in-turn, overpaid in Chicago. He's a back-up making starter money. Yes, he has been consistently terrible.

Thanks that’s what i thought. I know amukamara was a first round pick but he washed out of the giants quickly. He played for the saints too? Maybe? Idk. He’s trash is my point and if the OP wants to think Prince is upgrading a very good secondary i have to question whether or not he actually watches football or just reads about it on twitter.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Ennjay said:

Yea, not sure he’s an upgrade over Levi at this point, but decent depth, if you wanted to bring him in a role similar to Kevin Johnson, I’d be okay with it.

2 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Yea, not sure he’s an upgrade over Levi at this point, but decent depth, if you wanted to bring him in a role similar to Kevin Johnson, I’d be okay with it.

See i wouldn’t. My amateur opinion is amukamara is pretty trash on a bad defense. But i do get your idea of looking out there. Prince isn't the one for me. I think he hurts you honestly. Gabriel is a different story work him out all you want the WR corps is thin

This threads should all have an auto reply. When the players are cut, the reply should say "red flag, they are being cut, stay away, they suck".  Then if the Bills sign them it should update to "Beane knows free agents, this is another piece to the Super Bowl puzzle"